Does your dog feel the cold?

Michiyo-Fir

Nia doesn't care about the cold at all. In fact she gets a bit more hyperactive running around without overheating. She doesn't care for rain though and if it's really hot, that's what gets to her. Because she can't run like crazy without overheating and it seems to depress her hahaha.

Sparrow

My dog dislikes it when it gets down around 0... maybe below 10 even. But put some booties and sweater on her, and she's good to go. It's warmed up to the low 20s now, and she's fine going on walks and playing without anything on.

Her feet do get cold, and she will let me know. Part of it is that she had a TPLO, and the metal plate bothers her in extreme conditions.

Lyzelle

Zander would prefer spending all his time outside in the snow. H's really just built for it, even if he does get snow balls under his nails and between his pads. He doesn't seem to care.

GoingNowhere

Boo is a snow dog. :) The only thing I sense that she really doesn't like are the little snowballs that get caught in her coat and pull at her fur.

Of course, I look forward to the three days per year when it actually gets cold enough to put her cute little coat on her and strut her around the neighborhood to show it off :rofl1:

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
This is pretty much how mine feel about snow:

(That's Bubbles LOL)

They LOVE it. It's the only time I can let them out in the yard and they actually run and chase each other without my getting them to do so. They dig, roll in it, lay in it, everything. And luckily they don't get stuff stuck in their fur. It all just rolls off. It's awesome. Though we haven't gotten that much snow since we've been back in PA, so I would be interested to see how they do in a real blizzard.

Torch

Henry strongly dislikes the cold. He's another dog (like Webby) who can never be too warm. He will also sun himself in the direct summer heat. He turns into the cuddle monster in the fall and winter.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Wesley swims in the ocean in the middle of winter, while it's snowing. Then he shivers the whole way home, but it's tough to keep him from jumping into the ocean. I guess he truly does not understand the cause and effect of this. So, um, he kind of feels it?

He was a winter puppy, so he really loves snow. He'll shove his face in it and then kick his back legs to go forward, like a snow plow.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Bodhi can swim in the river in winter and still want more. Fred has to wee in the rain and he's shivering. He's such a pansy!!!

Will he man up as he grows? Or will he always need special treatment. He is much happier going out in his coat.
He probably wont. I would get him warmer coats when he's an adult and refuse to baby him over it, but that's about the best you'll be able to do. If he's cold, he'll be cold and miserable. If he is wearing a warm coat and makes the decision to be miserable, he'll be miserable over it.

Middie is not a big fan of the cold, but will go play in snow and go on walks in cold rain without issues.

Flyinsbt

Staffords melt in the rain, and don't take cold very well. With mine, I have found that they don't mind it as much when they are young, and I don't put coats on them unless it's below freezing, or if they are having to sit in low temperatures for a long time, then be physically active. But about middle age, they start feeling the cold a lot more, and we make more extensive use of the coats.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Henry strongly dislikes the cold. He's another dog (like Webby) who can never be too warm. He will also sun himself in the direct summer heat. He turns into the cuddle monster in the fall and winter.
Yup, Webby sleeps *under* the covers all winter. Many covers. I have no idea how he doesn't suffocate.
Though when he is actually stuck out in it, he does make the most of it... :)

Though he prefers to wear a manly coat.

The girls...well...

Oh and Brie? Brie hates cold and snow.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Morgan LOVES snow, but he does get cold pretty easily. He will happily go out and shiver himself to death. He was SO HAPPY when I bought him his first pair of snow booties and made him a coat. LOL

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

However... When not running around being a fool.

(Small but very Harlow)

She's a wimp to cold, unless during zoomies. But even then I normally keep her coat on, unless she is by water like that first picture, because then it just gets soaked. She sleeps under the covers if it is under 50 degrees. She also expects blankets and pillows to be on the couch during her time not playing outside. And PJ's are coming this year, because her hoodie just doesn't do it inside, Duh Mom. XD

Rider is unknown. Seems to be fine so far! Doesn't melt in the rains, so I'm betting he will do just fine.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Rory LOVES the cold weather. He'll roll in snow, try to swim in iced over lakes/rivers... he's crazy.

Tucker does well with the cold, but I'll put a coat on him if we're hiking in the snow. He'd stay outside in the cold weather for hours, though- the snowier the better.

Emma does okay in the cold as long as I put a sweater or coat on her.

Chloe is a wimp when the temperature drops below 70. Whenever we're having a "cold" morning, she'll run outside to do her business. Then she'll scratch at the door to be let back inside. She runs up the stairs and gets under the blankets on our bed. Such a wimp!

Rylie does okay in the cold, but prefers warmth. I'll put a sweater or coat on her if it's cold enough for her to feel it.

Gypsydals

Peewee loves the cold. The rain not so much. But he doesn't feel the cold.
Ivan is a BIG wussy. All walks are halted from about mid november to mid may. Provided there is no snow any earlier or later. and if the temp is 55 and above. He refuses to go for a walk. He will act like hes all excited for the walk and then 50 feet from the door hes shivering, whinning and trying to turn around. And if that doesn't work, he will crouch down. Ivan thinks the ideal temp is 70 and above. 70 to 55 is some what tolerable. 55 and below is for the nutcases. But yet he will go out and play in the rain.

Members online