It's Tea Time

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I bought some teas yesterday! I was short on time, so only grabbed some quick, but I need to go back this weekend or Monday and get some more :D Or order online... LOL Picked up Sleigh Ride (there was a lady from Davids at Work giving samples of this and we fell in love with it -- though I'm not sure I can call it a tea -- there's no tea in it) and Chocolate Chili Chai which is one of my Winter faves!

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I love chocolate chili chai..

What's sleigh ride like? The santa's helper is awesome on minty but not peppermint tea.. Had two cups since I brought it home ;)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Just found it on the site, haha. It's apple, hibiscus, pineapple, papaya, cinnamon, raisins and almonds. I find it's a good sweet tea, but not too sweet. I hate pineapple and couldn't even taste it. Good choice for those with high blood pressure, too.

Saeleofu

I just made my first cup of the Adagio Irish Breakfast and OMG it's SO GOOD. All the other Irish Breakfast teas I've had have been bitter and barely tolerable even with milk. This one is super smooth, NOT bitter AT ALL, actually slightly sweet, and just a tad earthy (but smells VERY earthy). It's now my favorite black tea.

I've had the TARDIS a few times now, and although it's good, it's not as great as I had expected :( It's a bit on the bitter side, and maybe my bag is mixed wrong or something but I don't taste any blackberry and barely any vanilla. Maybe I'm brewing it wrong, but I'm doing it at 212 for 3 minutes. It's basically the same flavor as the Earl Grey Moonlight but more bitter. I'm considering getting the Jack Harness tea, but I'm not sure how I would like chocolate chips in my tea, even though so many people love it. So, I'll probably get a sample pack of straight chocolate chip tea and see how that is before I spend $10 on another novelty mix.

ETA: Does everyone else have a giant TARDIS when they go to the Adagio home page? I'm a bit curiosu if it's customized based on my orders, or if it's really THAT popular of a tea (I know it's their most popular of their fandom blends). I'm pretty sure there wasn't a big TARDIS there before I ordered, or I would have know about the TARDIS tea earlier :rofl1:

Saeleofu

though I'm not sure I can call it a tea -- there's no tea in it
"Tea" has really come to mean the infusion of just about anything. Hence herbal tea. There's no actual TEA in it, but it's still "tea" ;) But you could call it a tisane if you want.

MafiaPrincess

I was looking for a good vanillaish tea and found most I smelled at David's weren't very vanilla. I hate when I hope to taste something in my tea and there really isn't.

I finally found a great vanilla at David's though..

Some of the teas with sprinkles, chocolate chips and the like have rocked. The red velvet cake I have has chocolate chips and I love it..

But when you don't like one.. I have a handful of flavours I won't drink again as I have yummier teas to drink..

YOU JUST EAT THE APPLES OFF THE TOP! The tea itself isn't awesome, but it's good. BUT YOU GET TO EAT BOILED APPLES OFF THE TOP!
I just got my package in the mail from adagio (omg what have you all done to me!)

Valentine- Black tea, rose petals, chocolate, and strawberry. OMG with a tea spoon of sweetened condensed milk SOOOOO good!

Honeybush Vanilla- Good but meh didnt wow me.

Sour Apple- Saeleofu you are crazy! lol It was SOOOOOOO good I could live on this tea!

Saeleofu

Oh, I LOVE honeybush chocolate! I've only tried two Rooibos varieties so far. I didn't care for the earl grey, but I loved the honey bush chocolate. And I usually don't "do" chocolate teas. The chocolate chip is okay, but I also made it in a filter instead of a tea ball, so the chocolate chips didn't disperse well. I need to give that one another try.

I've found my FAVORITE tea is the Irish Breakfast blend, followed by plain old decaf ceylon. The TARDIS is growing on my as a nice earl grey. I have so, so many sample packages I haven't even tried yet, I need to go for more variety!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Bump for Beanie!

And sadly I'm out of heavy cream :( So no tea today..
I love that someone else out there also has their tea with the good stuff. :rofl1: I get judged for putting heavy cream in tea.. I think it's wonderful with a strong black tea.

I just made my first cup of the Adagio Irish Breakfast and OMG it's SO GOOD. All the other Irish Breakfast teas I've had have been bitter and barely tolerable even with milk. This one is super smooth, NOT bitter AT ALL, actually slightly sweet, and just a tad earthy (but smells VERY earthy). It's now my favorite black tea.
That sounds absolutely delightful. I am a huge fan of english breakfast tea (we have the good stuff at work and it's amazing) but haven't had an irish breakfast I can stand yet.

MafiaPrincess

I love that someone else out there also has their tea with the good stuff. :rofl1: I get judged for putting heavy cream in tea.. I think it's wonderful with a strong black tea.
LOL. Low carb, and I intermittent fast.. It helps keep me full, and it's tasty as hell in almost every tea I've put it in :)

I still have some birthday cake and chocolate cake to share..

noludoru

Bored Now.
LOL. Low carb, and I intermittent fast.. It helps keep me full, and it's tasty as hell in almost every tea I've put it in :)

I still have some birthday cake and chocolate cake to share..
Exactly! I am out and had to put milk in my tea tonight. . . so disappointing. . .

If either of them are good I'll trade you for some harney & sons cinnamon tea. It's my new obsession. Sadly it's bagged, but does come in a pretty tin.

Saeleofu

FFFffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I forgot to make my thermos of tea for work tomorrow and now it's too late. Hopefully I'll remember to grab a bag of tea and a tea ball on the way out in the morning.

I put milk in nearly every tea (not in fruity or citrusy teas, though, and not in chamomile). If we have half and half or cream on hand, though, I'll use it instead. I'm hoping to go back on keto soon since I'm making more money now (and can actually afford meat and vegetables) so will be switching back to cream all the time when that happens. It took me years to try milk or cream in tea, and MAN have I missed out! I also drank tea with sweetener for years, and now I NEVER use sugar or sweetener in my tea. It's amazing, the teas have so many subtle and unique flavors that are just masked by the sweet. I bought a blueberry iced tea a few weeks ago, not realizing that it comes sweetened, and it was AWFUL. It was fresh brewed, full-leaf tea, but it had SOOOO MUCH sweet in it. Eww.

Sael if you have any samples you want to unload feel free to ship the on over ;).

And seriously Sweetened Condensed Milk I know it sounds weird but I was talked into trying it a few weeks ago and oh my! I use it in teas and coffee that I used milk or cream and sugar in and instead use one or two tea spoons of SCM it is so good and much less calories in the long run with out diluting the coffee and tea flavor!

Also IngenuiTEA the small (makes 1-2 cups) from Adagio is 19 but it is like 15 from Amazon. It is perfect for loose leaf teas tons of room for them to expand and infuse. It was my birthday present to myself I LOVE it!

JoLeigh, does the Adagio actually bring the water to a rolling boil? And can you adjust it, say for green and white teas that should be made with water that's brought to temp just before it boils?

Saeleofu

JoLeigh, does the Adagio actually bring the water to a rolling boil? And can you adjust it, say for green and white teas that should be made with water that's brought to temp just before it boils?
I don't think it boils the water, you boil the water separately and pout it in. It's basically a mini teapot with a built in infuser.

Saeleofu

That Breville looks awesome, but for $300 I think I'll keep my old whistling teakettle, lol!
Oh man, I know! I'm going to be selling my Keurig soon since I no longer use it, but sadly I don't think I can sell it for enough to buy that :rofl1:

I'm hoping for an electric kettle for Christmas since I don't have any other way to heat water in my room, but I do worry about getting the water hot enough. I may have to settle for white or green teas exclusively with it.

Members online

No members online now.