neckbone has come to live with us

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THere was nothing else to do, in her own home envioroment they were unable to give her the special needs care she has to have to get any quality out of her life. I chose my words carefully and explained that in my most honest opinion they had two choices. One, put her down or send her to the Old Dog Nursing home, my living room which is what they decided.

She feels much much better this morning, and was down right perky for the first time in a week. I am good at being hypervigiliant to what she eats, and attending to her skin's issues. So wish us luck. Victor and Pepper are not to thrilled, but one super stinky old woman curled up to me the night before last and wuffled in my ear that she likes it here and sealed the deal with a slurp. Vet is closed today, but we will be there tomorrow.

She is not acting homesick at all which is a relief to me. She will get to go on her first walk today in a decade. WE will take it slow. I would like to give her a good summer. With her health issues, she might not get two. time will tell.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Smkie - let me just say that you are awesome. Neckbone is going to have the best possible time in what remains of her time here.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Who is this, now?

You are so sweet to help so many dogs <3 she is in the best possible place.
Short version: Neckbone is a neighbor's dog which special dietary and health concerns that Smkie has been informally caring for because the neighbors were unable/unwilling to put in the extra time required. She just made it official and had the dog move in.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor and Pepper are a little miffed now that they realize she is staying. So I am getting a bit of the cold shoulder. Not from her, she dove into bed last night even tho I made her a lovely palate next to the sofa. Not having it, not even a bit. She is a cuddle bug with a capital C. So you reach her blanket and tuck it all around her and then hold the whole show. I will not miss the smell when it is gone, I have washed more blankets, but I just don't have the heart to say uh no. Skin is much better almost all swelling is down. She only whimpers softly when she has to go outside, so no obvious home sickness.

Doberluv

Oh! This is such good news that her skin is clearing up. She has to feel sooooo much better. And glad too, that the stench is subsiding. That had to be awful. Pretty soon your washing machine will get a break. lol. She sounds like such a doll. Victor and Pepper will get over it before long hopefully and come to enjoy her. She sounds like a really sweet and grateful dog.

Staff online

Members online