Gordon setters anyone?

Romy

Taxiderpy
Do any Chazzers live with one of these dogs? I went to visit my cousin today, and met what I thought was the most wonderful sweet rottie mix in the world. :eek: In my defence, TJ is a bit more blocky headed than the gordon setter standard allows, and a tad overweight.

He is such a great dog though!!! Are gordons normally like the golden retrievers and/or berners of the setter world?

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I've never lived with one, but I knew one named Brie that would come into the grooming place I used to work at for a trim. She was big, friendly and dopey. :p

maybe532

I haven't owned one but at the kennel I used to work out a female would come in for grooming. She was 9 years old but you couldn't tell by looking at her. She wasn't friendly until she got to know you. She needed lots of exercise and was so strong. She was one of my favorite clients.

bubbatd

I think they have more drive than Goldens ....more like Irish Setters .

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
big dumb and friendly about sums it up, from the ones i have met
they do seem to get overweight easily.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I had a girl who was part Gordon Setter---beautiful girl! I got her from a rescue--she had been a stray--and it showed in her personality. She was very aloof, and would allow you to pet her sometimes...but not an overly affectionate dog. Take her outside and she lit up to be chasing birds, etc. Funny dog--loved her.

Paige

Let it be
I've met a few. Goof balls, dopey, fun, loving. Love to frolic. Nice dogs.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Neat! If I ever do get a setter (unlikely as it is), I think it will probably be a gordon. TJ reminds me a lot of a berner as far as how family friendly he is, and he has got a very sharp mind! I don't know how to explain the intelligence thing. He's a very compliant dog, but that's not what makes him seem smart. I guess he just seems to have a really high level of comprehension of all the things going on around him. Impressive dog anyway.

Bodi's Mom

Hylen's Bodacious Big Boy
My neighbor has a 7 year old female Gordon named May who I absolutely adore. She is rather small and slight for the breed (she was the runt of the litter), but she is the SWEETEST dog ever - so gentle and trusting with everyone - her tail is always wagging.

Members online

No members online now.