Help Found a puppy with Hurt leg!

Vixxen

I recently found a puppy with a hurt leg, it could be broken or dislocated I don't know, it's limp it just hangs there. It is a male Bull Terrier puppy he looks pure bred, he was found dumped and covered in fleas, since I have cleaned him up and Im giving him Natures Recipe-it's what my dogs eat...I know pure bred dogs like Bull Terriers are prone to having skin allergies etc. Im amazed at how someone could be so evil and dump this poor, sweet, little dog. Right now I don't have ANY money I am so broke right now. I have called to see if I can take him to a Vet or Animal Shelter but all they could do is put him down.:mad: I already have $9000 on my Care Credit from my Son's surgery, if I didn't have that I would have just used Care Credit. I can't trust anyone to get him to a Vet if I was to give him to someone. I wrapped his leg with Ace wrap and put a bag of Frozen peas on his bad leg for the swelling.

I just don't know what to do with him. :(

I forgot to add, I gave him a bath today and he actually ran on three legs to get away from the water hose but he would not walk on the bad leg.

mrose_s

BusterLove
how many vets in your area? or other shelters?

some may be abel to do the surgery needed then et you pay it off over time? or maybe cotact a bull terrier rescue, even if its in another area and ask them for advice?

Romy

Taxiderpy
It sounds like a vet needs to look at him, but you can get some arnica cream from the store and carefully put it on the injured area. It works to heal bruised tissue much more quickly than just leaving it, and if it is just a sprain then it will help the sprain heal a lot faster. Some drugstores and supermarkets have it, I think Fred Meyer carries it. If not, herbal type stores would definitely have something like that too. Just don't put any on open wounds.

Poor little guy. It's so sweet of you to be making him more comfy and all. Good luck!

bubbatd

Please try to contact someone ....if it's just hanging it could be a break and should be stabilized . Can you manipulate the area at all ?? Where does it " hang " from ?? Cold packs and a wrap might help until you get help . Please let us know !! Glad you're helping .

Members online