Lotus foods?

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
Lotus foods

What is the consensus on their dry foods?

Abe likes there wet foods and our local dog spot now has the dry foods.

He is currently getting Orijen on his kibble days and is doing "meh" on it so I would like to try something new.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I have nothing negative to say about them. I think the baked kibble idea is kind of cool, supposed to make it more palatable and gentler for sensitive stomachs.

Aaand I'm kind of tired and can't think of anything else to say about it lol but I'd definitely give it a try.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
Any opinions welcome!

Abe has tried and likes their wet foods and our local food spot just got in their dry foods.

Abe currently get Orijen on kibble days but is doing "meh" on it so I would like to try something new.

It looked pretty good and I can get it for a good price.

So opinions? Other suggestions?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
ok I think I'm losing it. I there was this exact thread yesterday. And.. uhh... I forget her username... the one with Juno said she has nothing bad to say about it and she'd try it.

This is weird :-/

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
ok I think I'm losing it. I there was this exact thread yesterday. And.. uhh... I forget her username... the one with Juno said she has nothing bad to say about it and she'd try it.

This is weird :-/
I posted this yesterday and was thn banned in a spam sweep and the thread disappeared so I didn't get to read replies.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I would totally feed it!

We have quite a few dogs on it at my current store as well as stores that I've worked at previously. It seems to go over really well, dogs seem to do really well on it.

It's quite pricey (or at least it is here), but I really like the logic behind the company and they seem to be doing everything right :)

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I would totally feed it!

We have quite a few dogs on it at my current store as well as stores that I've worked at previously. It seems to go over really well, dogs seem to do really well on it.

It's quite pricey (or at least it is here), but I really like the logic behind the company and they seem to be doing everything right :)
I can get the 20lb bag for $48

JacksonsMom

I really like Lotus from everything I see and hear. I like that they have their own facility and they even made their own cannery to be able to make canned foods ... all their options for outsourcing were not good enough for them, so yeah, apparently they just made their own. I like that. No recalls, seem to have good customer service. They sent me free samples to try as well. I am not sure if 'baking' the food is really better, but whatever, I think it's a neat idea.

I was considering trying it, but it was pricey here too. As an example, I pay around $13 for a 5lb bag of Fromm grain inclusive. Their grain-frees are a bit more, at around $15-$16 for a 4lb bag. The Lotus grainfree ended up being like $21 with tax for a 4lb bag. I wasn't sure it was worth the price tag.

But I may give their grain inclusives a try. Actually thanks for the reminder, I think I'm going to try our samples!

JacksonsMom

I just saw their 4lb bag of duck on doggiefood.com for $9.99! You have to spend $50 to get free shipping, but if you need other stuff too anyway, it's a good deal.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Okay, what I said yesterday :p Is that it's pricey but I think it's a neat food. The baking is an interesting concept and is supposed to make it more palatable and gentler for sensitive stomachs.

Don't see a reason to not give it a try!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I was considering trying it, but it was pricey here too. As an example, I pay around $13 for a 5lb bag of Fromm grain inclusive. Their grain-frees are a bit more, at around $15-$16 for a 4lb bag. The Lotus grainfree ended up being like $21 with tax for a 4lb bag. I wasn't sure it was worth the price tag.
I know it's a regional thing, but that is crazy to me. The grain free varieties at my store are $11!

I know it's a regional thing, but that is crazy to me. The grain free varieties at my store are $11!
I know! I have the same reaction when I hear that TOTW retails in some places for $60-70! Craziness!

Anyways, on topic...I really, really like Lotus as a company. I've fed their grain-free dry formula once or twice, and my dogs did really well on it. Jack absolutely LOVES their canned formulas, and they seem to be a huge hit with pickier dogs.

HappyPuppy

I can get the 20lb bag for $48
WOW - I just priced it (disappointed that the bags are only 20 lbs) - for like $57!!! And that was at the store whose parent company makes it!

I opted not to get it because I was smarting at price and smaller bags these days but mainly because the sales girl worked so hard to sell me on it.... I do like the baked idea. Ended up trying Fromms g/f for a bag this time - and that was only 25 lbs.

Members online

No members online now.