The quirks thread

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus has a stuffed Hulk toy he has to sleep with every night. When it's bed time, he'll get it from wherever he's stashed it and takes it to bed.

Voodoo is afraid of wooly caterpillars and automatic-opening trash cans.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I, also, wouldn't even know where to start with my guys..... From today I have a few already...

One of Bubbles' nicknames is Puddles because she literally melts in your arms when you hold her. She sits like a little person on your lap and tries to get as much of her body touching you as possible.

Pen spins in a circle when he has zoomies and makes the most ridiculous noises when he wakes up and yawns.

Kimma. Well. She whistle whines to get me out of bed. Every. Morning. No matter what time we go to sleep. Unless I'm awake before like 8am, then I'm the one waking her up. Once she sees that I'm awake after whining, she does a ridiculous play bow on the bed complete with wagging tail, then once I release her (I HAVE to release her for some reason) she jumps on me and licks me as if she thought she would never see me again.

She will NOT walk near my next door neighbor's lawn for no apparent reason, so we have to walk in the street until we pass that house. This started like as soon as we moved in.

There are more, but this is what I've experienced this morning so far.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
We may have more quirks than I realize because our dogs are a bit odd, but the main quirky dog is Aeri.

Aeri has an elaborate potty routine that I still haven't figured out exactly, though I know that if I corner her in a part of the yard she'll potty faster as it seems to involve a certain number of pacing loops. And, this is gross, but often if she has to poop she'll try to find some to eat right beforehand. :p

Another one: She rarely snuggles, but she has a "rug of solitude" in the kitchen that she will hang out on so she can keep an eye on me in the living room. She has a similar spot in the kitchen when we're eating dinner. If you acknowledge her on her rug or in her spot, she'll move, like she's annoyed that she's been caught.

Kes wants to live in your skin with you, so he's usually touching part of a person, but he only does it when you are sitting on the couch or in bed, nowhere else. Not exactly a true quirk, and I kind of like it.

Snipe will watch TV at times, but she seems to know it's TV and not real since she never goes to try and find what she saw or heard on the screen, just watches it intently, sometimes for long periods. She especially liked watching Yes in concert with my husband.

Z really doesn't have quirks that I can think of.

Members online

No members online now.