Hello everybody

A brief introduction
I should introduce myself first? My name is J. Morrison. You can call me J. Morrison. :lol-sign: I just stumbled upon this site in search for a community of dog owners with a similar train of thought. I'm actually not a dog owner yet. :eek: I am weeks away from being one for the first time and I am very excited.

Why do you not own a dog, J. Morrison?
Great question. It's mostly because I work a lot and my girlfriend works and goes to school full time. The good news is that my girlfriend graduates college on Saturday. :hail: Now there will be someone home more often during the crucial extra home alone hours for the dog. It's been over a year of talking and now is finally the time where we can handle it enough to adequately stimulate a dog's mind enough for it to enjoy having us as owners.

What kind of dog are you getting?
Well, I am going to adopt one from a shelter. We're going to meet one from the list of matching dogs that we received over the weekend. Her name is Zoe. She's a terrier mix. That is really all that is in my area, and I am comfortable enough to give one a good home. We are really excited to meet her!

What do you want to get out of this forum?
Well, I want to learn! I've done a lot of research but I want to learn more. I am sure that there will be situtations that come up where I am just thinking :yikes: and looking like :confused: and I will need to turn to people that simply know more than I do to help me. That is where you come in!

What do you want to give to this forum?
Well, I want to give the knowledge that I gain from you guys! The learning process is cyclical. No one really comes up with new ideas anymore. All knowledge is is simply information passed down from person to person, generation to generation, civilization to civilization. I want to help other people that are just like me right now be more comfortable with dog ownership!

How will you do that?
Two ways. The first is simply posting here. :doh: Duh!
The second is through my website. :spam: The website started as a list of the top ten smartest dogs. I was researching dogs that were easy to train and had a hard time finding concrete information, so I made a website... Then I decided hey, I have the domain name, why not start a blog? The blog could be a live encyclopedia of my dog knowledge that I gain, post, edit, and repost as I learn it! That way, if someone is going to be a first time dog owner one day and they search for help, they could find my site and that could help them, which in return helps the pet population. I hope you guys visit the site and let me know what you think. I'm going to be updating it a LOT over the next few weeks.

Why is there no such thing as an Outroduction?
I hope you've enjoyed my inaugural post and I hope you don't mind the little plug there at the end of it. I look forward to interacting with a lot of you and I hope you feel the same way after me, after reading the Declaration of Petdependence that I just wrote. :lol-sign: So I guess all that is left to say is hello!

SailenAero

Hits the Mark
welcome to Chaz! everyone here is really good about giving advice and support - especially to first timers ;)

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Welcome...

...you know pictures will be expected when you get your new companion :D

toxic

Fauxtographer
Haha hello! You sound hilarious. Good for you - both on waiting til the right time to get a dog, AND for going the shelter route. Best of luck and I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts!

Haha hello! You sound hilarious. Good for you - both on waiting til the right time to get a dog, AND for going the shelter route. Best of luck and I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts!
Some (I) say I am hilarious. Some (My girlfriend.) disagree.

What's with Indianapolis? They're killing my this year in my fantasy football! :(

To whoever mentioned pictures. Of course I will be posting pictures! Duh! I cannot wait to post pictures and to learn! I'm interested in psychology (and my girlfriend is graduating with her BA in psych on Saturday) and it's amazing how training a dog is literally all classical conditioning. Good ol' Pavlov. What would we do with out him?:hail::hail:

Members online

No members online now.