Rhys

Time catches up to everyone at some point or another. For Rhys, that time came today.

Rhys was 13 as of his "official" birthday(ie, somewhere close to, so we assigned it) April 1st - a fitting day for him.

Unfortunately, he had a hard life. He had trouble with one of his hind legs when Lorri adopted him. A couple of years later, the leg needed to be amputated. Later, he had some liver trouble and still managed to pull through. Through all of it, he still remained the sweetest, friendliest cat I've ever had the honor of knowing, with an uncontainable personality that made him the talk of everyone on the street.

Over the last few months, Rhys had been slowing down. He was starting show his age. It never stopped him from prostrating himself in front of anyone walking down the sidewalk for some attention; nor did a missing leg or age stop him from keeping the neighbourhood dogs in line....by force, if nessessary. Nor did it stop him from hopping up onto me while I was sitting in my chair using the laptop, and hitting keyes, launching apps and trying to sleep on the keyboard whilie I attempted to type or scroll around him.

As I mentioned, time catches up to everyone. His kidneys and liver were failing, so there was no choice but to let him finally rest after having been through all he had.

This last photo is one of the few photos I posted in the Chaz. Photo Gallery from a few years ago. I think it's fitting that the first photo I used to introduce him, closes off what has been one of the most rewarding, expensive, frustrating, loving and again, rewarding chapters of my life.

You're sorely missed already, buddy.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so sorry Andrew. He was a lucky cat to have been loved so and good for you for standing by him through all of his troubles. (((((HUGS))))) He looks like he has that something special.

CaliTerp07

He sounds like he was an amazing kitty. Good for you for giving him the opportunity to bless so many people with his love. I'm sorry for your loss :(

I am so sorry Andrew. He was a lucky cat to have been loved so and good for you for standing by him through all of his troubles. (((((HUGS))))) He looks like he has that something special.
Thanks so much, Smkie. He really did have something special. I wish I could find the words to express it better, but Rhys truly was irrepressible.

He sounds like he was an amazing kitty. Good for you for giving him the opportunity to bless so many people with his love. I'm sorry for your loss :(
Thank you very much, CaliTerp07.

Barb04

Super Moderator
May Rhys be running free with all our loved ones. Our Tiny just passed away last week. I know both of them must be togethers watching down on all of us.

Sleep well Rhys. We will see you at the bridge.
Thanks, Puppydog.

May Rhys be running free with all our loved ones. Our Tiny just passed away last week. I know both of them must be togethers watching down on all of us.
Thank you Barb. I suspect you're right. :)

I'm really sorry to hear about Tiny. You have my condolences.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm so sorry, Andrew. :( He was a handsome cat. It's so hard to lose them but I hope you find peace in the fact that he was so loved and you made the horribly hard, but good decision to let him go and no longer be in pain. Rest in peace, beautiful boy.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I'm so sorry Andrew

RIP sweet Kitty. Even with a rough go of it he didn't let it get him down and I'm sure he touched many hearts during his time.

It's so hard to let them go--hang on to the memories and he will stay in your hearts.
Thanks, BMB.

I'll say this about Rhys....he gave us enough great memories to laugh over to last a lifetime. :)

I'm so sorry, Andrew. :( He was a handsome cat. It's so hard to lose them but I hope you find peace in the fact that he was so loved and you made the horribly hard, but good decision to let him go and no longer be in pain. Rest in peace, beautiful boy.
Thank you very much, Whisper.

I'm so sorry Andrew

RIP sweet Kitty. Even with a rough go of it he didn't let it get him down and I'm sure he touched many hearts during his time.
Thank you very much Tanya. I'm actually not looking forward to letting some of the neighbours know he's gone. The couple across the street for instance, always made time for him when he stopped by for some attention and seemed to have a supply of kibble and cat treats even though they didn't 'want' a cant :lol-sign:

He was a beautiful cat. I'm so sorry for your loss. He's watching over you, I'm sure.
Thank you very much, CharlieDog.
I am so sorry for your loss, Andrew.
Thanks, BP!
Oh, you'll be seeing Rhys again, never doubt that :)

It sounds like he lived every single one of this nine lives to the hilt.
I've no doubt about that. The question is whether he spends eternity just outside the door meowing and rolling around or if he comes in and enjoys a nap on my lap. :)

Members online

No members online now.