Dog Park Fun!

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
So since my Harleigh's 1st birthday was today, I decided to do something special!:D

This was the ride over there.... YUCKY weather! It was raining SO bad.. Everyone was going 35-45 on I-75! It also didn't help that there was tons of traffic that were headed to the super bowl. It finally did clear up though.

First off... I made her a appointment with a new vet. I'm so happy I did... I like this vet TONS better than our last one. That 45 minute drive is definitely worth it. He was very thorough with her and checked everything you could possibly think of. Listened to her hips to make sure everything was okay, listened to her heart, checked her eyes, ears, mouth/teeth, etc. The old vet NEVER did any of this stuff! Grand total: $15.00:D

After that we went next door to his (vet's) feed/toy/treat store and got some stuff. Harleigh had fun picking out her treats, but wasn't interested in any toys so didn't get any of those. Weird.. I know:rolleyes: We looked at some different foods and found some that I liked, but didn't buy any. Well.. We did buy some wet food;-) This is her loot from there:

This was homemade cookies they make there. She got a peace sign, football(=D) and a pink/white heart! She hasn't eaten any yet because she's been to busy sleeping, but I'm sure she'll want some when she wakes up.

When we left there we headed to Dog Wood Park. She had SUCH a blast!!!! We pretty much had the whole 14 acres to ourselves. There was one other dog there, I can't remember his name, but he was fixin' to turn 15 or 16. He looked great and was still running around, somewhat, he was still recovering from a CCL tear. Him and Harleigh had fun, though she wanted him to chase her=D

Here are some pictures and videos... Sorry in advance for the quality. Rain and cloudiness didn't do my camera any help!

Just getting there... Smelling all that good stuff! Whatever it is..

There was puddles EVERYWHERE! That isn't part of the pond, BTW.. It's from all the rain we had just gotten.

*more!*

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Sniffing a fake dog! LOL

FUN at the doggie pond! She had such a blast, which I'm sure you'll be able to tell.

LOL... She looks like a duck!!

Playing with her only friend of the day... He was still very active for an almost 16 y/o

Going crazy..

Her and her friend

*more*

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Taking a break for about, oh, 3 seconds!

Running around like the crazy puppy she is!!! (This was at the second pond they have, it was at the back of the park)

And then my camera died...... :rolleyes:

Here are some videos of her playing the water. She's so crazy, but she had such a blast and she's passed out now.
YouTube - HPIM2418.AVI
YouTube - HPIM2419.AVI

MPP

petperson
Happy birthday, Harleigh! Looks as if you had a super-terrific time. My dogs wish they had a pond in their dog park; it looks like so much fun. Enjoy the munchies.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Happy Birthday. Looks like it was a great day full of lots of treats and fun time at the park.

Members online

No members online now.