how many makes me the crazy dog lady

A side note here...if your BF doesn't like dogs...maybe you should consider getting one who does? I mean, that kind of outlook rarely changes and if the dogs are an important part of your life and your not willing to place them to make him happy...why go any further???
If your responsible for the dogs, your able to give them the care that they need, your keeping up with the work involved in having them...I personally don't understand why it would be any concern to the BF if you get another one...but hey...that's just mho ;)

Agreed! Been there, done that. It's worth it to find someone who loves the pets as much as you do!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
lol, i doubt id find anyone who loves my monsters quite as much as i do...

i shouldnt say he "doesnt like" dogs...hes not realy a "pet person" the ex wife had 18 cats and he somehow got stuck cleaning up after them with a bad back ever since then hes realy not been big into pets...he also had a jack growing up who was insane and kinda put him off dogs...

NORMALLY i would agree with you...dont like my dogs...bye...
but hes actually TRYING.

he understands that im a package deal...me and my dogs...and there WILL be more in the future...and if he ever has a real problem with that i will leave...i dont NEED a bf...and he KNOWS that lol.

he actually will pet the dogs, talk to them, even play with them, and he doesnt even mind anymore that vixie and doger sleep in the bed (the first few times he stayed over every movment made him jump, now hes definatly more comfortable, he only jumps if they get under the blankets lol...there just not "his thing" his biggest fear was/is ill bring the dogs and hell get stuck cleaning up after them, or theyll take over the house...and ive made it very clear, they are MY dogs, if i move in there still MY dogs, and will never be OUR dogs...if we break up there MY dogs and comming with me...and because of that, i will take care of cleaning up, feeding and walking them...i have made 1 demand, if/when we buy a home together it HAS to have a big enough yard that the dogs have a space to play...he has requested that he has 1 room that is entirely pet free, preferably the "game room"...i think its fair, especially since that room will be filed with tiny figurines, lots of wires and books and such...
ive also made it clear, im not moving in with him untill he gets a plce thats dog frinedly and has a yard, hes now looking into a rent to own or getting a pet frinedly townhouse because he wants me to move in lol

i think in this relationship thats a huge key...i KNOW he loves me because even though he doesnt enjoy dogs...he puts up with them because he knows I love them :D
again though...first sighn he starts making comments about finding them new homes or complaining, ill walk right out...i mean i love him but i dont need him...and id be more than happy to just have the dogs...hes just a nice added bonus :D

Members online