Koolies + Coolies

mrose_s

BusterLove
okay. one breed i am so unsure about. are they an actual breed or is it a breed that isn't actually recognised?

whast the difference between the german coolie and the koolie?

i found a koolie mix on petrescue.com and fell in love with her. and i am thinking about adopting one when the time is right. but i don't really understand them. if i didn't know what they were i would say they weere the perfect mix between kelpie, border collie and cattle dog. lol.

mrose_s

BusterLove
i looked them up on dogbreedinfo and their only recogniisesd by the APRI and The Koolie Club of Autralia. so i'm guessing they don't really have a standard

BostonBanker

If you do a search, there was recently a thread about them in which YataHae, who breeds them, replied. I actually exchanged some private emails as well, since it is a breed I am really interested in.

From what I understand, the original Coolies are actually a quite old herding breed (that originally came to Aus. from Germany, hence "German Coolie" being used sometimes).

Very neat dogs!

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
Koolies are such neat dogs! :) I have fallen inlove with this breed and hope to own one (or more!) some day. They are a very active herding breed, and a big backyard is a must for them.

Cassiepeia

Chihuahua Mum
I thought that the dogs used in the creation of the Koolie breed were of german origin and that's why they called them German Koolies to begin with? Not that the Koolies themselves came from Germany.

Recognised or not, makes no difference. They're a very old Aussie breed. And yes, they're gorgeous, magnificent working dogs. You should ask about them on dogzonline, there are far more Koolie owners/breeders on that site than this one. ;)

Cass.

Members online

No members online now.