anyone know about chugs?

deenybird

I just saw the cutest dog in the world on tv. They said it was a blend of a chihuahua and a pug, and I found this website on them: Chug Puppies. I was wondering if anyone knows how much this breed costs. I hope they don't shake like chihuahua's do.

jdthepug

Welcome to Chaz! Tell us about yourself and if your looking for a new addition... go to your local shelter or contact a rescue and adopt... "chugs" (brings me back to fond memories of high school) are not a breed - they are a mix.

CamzKees

why not a french bull dog?

THey look just like chugs...plus, it will be easier to find a good breeder.

Or, rather then buying an expensive mix, how about visiting your local shelter?

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
WELCOME TO CHAZ! While I am a BIG fan of MUTTS I would NEVER go out and buy one. There are to many designer breeds being created while plenty of them are ending up in shelters at the same time. Please read through some of Chaz's threads and see what we mean. In the mean time I'm gonna go and "chug" me some rootbeer!

Boemy

Let me guess . . . chihauhua / pug? It's not really a breed, it's a mutt. Try looking on Petfinder.org, you can get an adorable chihauhua or pug mix without going to an overpriced backyard breeder who's only in it for $$$. :)

bubbatd

ECHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!! This mix will cost whatever your HS charges.

nancy2394

Oh this thread has started off just wonderful. I am glad to see the way it was approached... kudos to everyone!

Deeny... I wanted to welcome you to chaz. You will find a lot of opinions on "designer" dogs such as a chug. Everyone here cares very deeply for dogs and is compassionate about dogs not being bred for a real purpose.

And I can't help but say when I saw that chug pic I instantly thought of a gremlin. I think they're kind of funny looking..lol. Maybe they'd fit into that category of "they're so ugly they're cute"

And I completely agree with what others have advised you on. Go to your local shelter and look for one... or pet finder... or where ever else you can rescue one. It's just plain silly to pay top dollar for what is no other way described other than a mutt.

And contrary to what a lot of people think... chaz is not anti mutt. I had a hard time with that when I first came here because I thought they were.. but after being here a while I see differently.

Some of us are just a little "off" in our way of educating people and unfortunately some get offended and leave.

Good luck finding a rescue chug if that is the route you choose.. and I hope it is.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Yikes!!!! Crossing one of the smallest breeds and one of the heftiest breeds for their size!!!! Thats a disaster! I would definately NOT buy one of these dogs. I agree a french bulldog is the way to go IF you get it from a responsible breeder. Please don't give money to these people that think it is fun to cross breed dogs. Rescue a crossbreed or buy a purebred from a reputable breeder. You will be much happier in the end....TRUST ME!

Speaking of disaster take a look at the harness they have on this poor dog!!

Ben B

A cute name isn't worth the $1,000+ pricetag these BYBs charge for their oddball mixes.

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Basically what everyone is saying is right.

If you do find a chug breeder, it is likely one who is in it for the money, only.

You would be better off choosing one of the breeds (chi or pug) and getting a purebred or looking into rescuing a mix.

They are cute little dogs as are many of these designer breeds, I encountered a chipom today:yikes: cutest dog, but i thought it was a strange mix... i am not really sure who thinks these dogs up sometimes...lol

Good Luck with your decision.

Elissa

Ben B

Vet: "Mrs. Anderson, your Chow Chow is pregnant"

Mrs. Anderson: "Really? I had no idea. I knew she was in heat, but we don't have a male dog."

Mr. Anderson: "Hey Honey, I remember the neighbor's Dalmation was in the yard playing with her alot lately. He must be the father."

Mrs. Anderson: "Hmmm.... Quick, let's start a website! We'll make a fortune selling 'Dal-Chow' pups for $1,500 each!"

L

LabBreeder

I just saw the cutest dog in the world on tv. They said it was a blend of a chihuahua and a pug, and I found this website on them: Chug Puppies. I was wondering if anyone knows how much this breed costs. I hope they don't shake like chihuahua's do.

A chug is not a breed. It's a mix. Personally, I think it's a very, very ugly looking puppy...and I usually think all pups are cute. I would not buy a "designer dog" in any situation. Go to a shelter and get the same 'chug' for alot cheaper and save a life.;)

tinksmama

Kind of funny.... the site says right up front it's not a pure breed, so why pay a lot of money for a cute little mix?;) Do ya' like my little avatar? that's my rescue baby,Tink- cute as a button, but I wouldn't pay big $$$ for a mix like her......in fact, she could be a cousin to those little"chugs", she's a peke/chi cross however... and if you look on petfinder.org,there's about 1000 little cuties just like that with no homes!

tinksmama

BTW, I don't think they look deformed, I think they're cute! i just wouldn't pay lots of money for one...

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
i echo the french bulldog!!!!!!!!!!!

they look like the same just they look a bit more in proportion, and it will be easier to get a good breeder
and you would know almost what kind of temperament you were going to get

Members online

No members online now.