Involuntary pooping?

ACooper

Ok, I didn't know what else to call it, let me explain:

Last night (late) I was lying in bed reading by the lamp, Kevin was snoring and Orson was laying across the room on his own bed. I have a clear view of him. He WAS sound asleep.........then his head pops up like he's heard a strange noise, but instead of hopping out of bed he looks at his rear :confused:

Well, of course this makes me look at his rear too........lo and behold lying right by his rear is a tiny TURD about the size of a grape :eek: He sniffs it, sneezes, sniffs, sneezes, and hops up. He takes his nose and moves his blankie and pillow over it and exits the room! I found this part comical actually, LOL, I got up, cleaned the turd away and went back to bed.

I have never found hidden turds around, and I've never seen it happen before so I am wondering if this is a first occurrence (probably is)

So is this something I should be really worried about? Think it might be he didn't get it all out and had a straggler escape? Medical condition? Neurological? You all know I am laid off, we aren't suffering, but money is being tightly budgeted and an unnecessary trip to the vet for tests is the last thing I need right now.

Suggestions? Advice? Experience with this type of thing?

For those who may not know, Orson is a neutered male Doberman who will be 3 in about one month.

I have had things like this happen to mine before... honestly, I wouldnt waste a trip to the vet unless it becomes a common occurrence.

Toller_08

That used to happen to Winston. Not really sure why, and the vet said not to worry about it unless it happens a lot. And even then he said it's not anything major -- the most he'd do is check to see if his glands needed to be expressed.

xpaeanx

I'd say it was probably a straggler. Maybe it's one of those "poops on a rope." You know the ones that have a hair holding them in, and they bop around until the hair is pulled out.

I just think it's funny he covered it up. He's like, "oh man, if mom founds out I left a turd in the house I'm DEAD." LOL.

Dekka

Just try me..
Kaiden did that on the table at an agility trial. He stopped and looked mortified. LOL. I had to tell the judge what he did (it was so small they never would have noticed) We were eliminated and poor Kaiden was very out of sorts. Its never happened since.

ACooper

Oh good! I hope it won't turn into an every day occurrence or anything, LOL, but it freaked me out a little cause I've never noticed another healthy dog doing it. By that I mean, I've seen dogs from dogtown or other shows who have issues and poop involuntarily at times. *phew*

I'll keep an eye out for hidden turds just in case, LOL

Yes, he is a goof about "hiding evidence" around here. He will actually go all the way upstairs to his bed, grab his blanket, walk all the way back downstairs, then use his blanket to cover up toilette paper he's shredded! :rofl1: Ya, so if I see his blanket downstairs........I know he's been up to something he wants hidden! When he does stuff like that, it's REALLY hard to be upset with him, hehehe

Members online

No members online now.