dog snacks

today, I baked a piece of dinnerroll bread for my dogs.
I wanted to put something on it, and inside it but I didnt know everything dog can eat, and can't.
I know they can't eat: garlics, fruits, chocolate, cheese.
what are there that I dont know?

They can eat cheese, most fruits, vegetables (no raw onion or raw garlic, but cooked is fine in small quantities), meats . . . all sorts of things. And of course, there's the all time doggy favorite, PEANUT BUTTER! ;)

hey I'm a vet
and dogs get sick when they eat cheese, and young pups die.
and grapes are only fruits they CAN eat.
I was asking for more food that I havent known that they can't eat

Barb04

Super Moderator
I think you wrote the sentence wrong. Dogs should NOT eat grapes.

Fran27

You're a vet and you say grapes are fine when I see everywhere that they are poison?

I'm not sure I'm going to listen to my vet again :(

For cheese, I think the main problem is that they have too much salt, but that's it...

GRAPES ARE "OKAY" FOR DOGS UNLESS THEY'RE GREEN OR BLAK OR PURPLE!!!
at least ripe ones are REALLY OKAY FOR DOGSSSSSSSSSS!!
tsk
and I'm studying to be a vet, and I'm almost done in my way!! weepee

Mordy

Quigleyfied
+Dogs4[my]life+, if you are really going to be a vet someday (which i very much doubt, at 15 years old), you'll have a lot more to learn.

just to give you a pointer in the right direction, contact Dr. Means, a veterinary toxicologist at the ASPCA's animal poison control center in urbana, illinois.

Adrienne

Please refer to the post that is stickied at the top on the toxicity of rasins and grapes leading to renal kidney failure in dogs. Here's the link...
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=591

I see that you most likely aren't in vet school given your age but this is important infomation to have especially if you are so concerned for animals that you would choose to be a vet. It has been proven that grapes and raisins cause death or kidney problems in dogs, it is not a question about whether or not they are safe...they are not.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Aren't all grapes either green, "black" or purple? Is there some sort of safe blue grape that I don't know about?

Not trying to be too much of a smart-ass, but at 15 you have vested interest in becoming a vet, you're not studying to be one yet. That's like me saying that since I read a ton of medical literature and took two years of anatomy in high school I was a doctor so was qualified to give absolute statements.

ohmai

Zoom said:
Aren't all grapes either green, "black" or purple? Is there some sort of safe blue grape that I don't know about?

Not trying to be too much of a smart-ass, but at 15 you have vested interest in becoming a vet, you're not studying to be one yet. That's like me saying that since I read a ton of medical literature and took two years of anatomy in high school I was a doctor so was qualified to give absolute statements.
Lol, exactly my thoughts..

+Dogs4[my]life+ said:
hey I'm a vet
and dogs get sick when they eat cheese, and young pups die.
and grapes are only fruits they CAN eat.
I was asking for more food that I havent known that they can't eat
FOR SHAME! How would you feel if someone read that and believed you actually knew what you were talking about, fed their dog grapes thinking they were a safe treat, and their dog died?

Think about the possible consequences of your words before you hit that button to post!

Staff online

Members online