Which was more rewarding.......tugtoy or a running cat???

adojrts

Tonight while teaching at my agility classes, we were working on distance skills and some pretty tough gambles to prep for Regionals. One of my students (she started her pup with me and he is now almost 3) was working on one of the gambles, they had success and she threw his toy as a reward as he exited the tunnel.
Just at that point, one of the barn cats came flying up the arena, right past the dog as he came out of the tunnel.............lol he went for his tug toy instead of the speeding cat!!!
The dog?? he's a Jrt lol.

Wow, that's pretty dang impressive. Must be doing an awesome job of channeling that prey drive into the tug:)

adojrts

Thanks.
It was very funny, we cracked up because that cat ran right under his nose.
Talk about training with distractions :)
A couple of years ago, in the same arena they had a cat, which was always in the arena with us. I taught him a bunch of agility equipment for the fun of it. He could do in a sequence the frame, teeter, tunnels, dog walk and jumps.
I missed a great pic once, he ran up the teeter right behind my jrt Petie while doing the teeter.........dog was holding in the contact zone and the cat was standing behind him :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.