New rescued stray Husky won't eat

RescuedMaleHusky

Rescued Male Husky
Please help my Husky won't eat

2 days ago I adopted a Male Husky from our local SPCA the paper work claims he's 3 years and 1 month old. He is very underfed to the point that his ribs and spine is visible, the first day he ate but only little bits at a time, my wife feeling sorry for him gave him nearly 2 lbs of dry food "Dads chicken and rice bite size meal: and a whole can of wet food "kibbles n bits", he ate almost all of it within 7 hours or so, but since then he's eaten absolutely nothing but he has been drinking some water. On the morning of day 2 we woke up to a pile of vomit. Since the second day he's had diarreah, he did make 2 solid bowel movements but mostly diarreah. Being that he is so skinny we are worried about him not eating. Any info or ideas is greatly appreciated

Saje

Island dweller
RescuedMaleHusky said:
2 days ago I adopted a Male Husky from our local SPCA the paper work claims he's 3 years and 1 month old. He is very underfed to the point that his ribs and spine is visible, the first day he ate but only little bits at a time, my wife feeling sorry for him gave him nearly 2 lbs of dry food "Dads chicken and rice bite size meal: and a whole can of wet food "kibbles n bits", he ate almost all of it within 7 hours or so, but since then he's eaten absolutely nothing but he has been drinking some water. On the morning of day 2 we woke up to a pile of vomit. Since the second day he's had diarreah, he did make 2 solid bowel movements but mostly diarreah. Being that he is so skinny we are worried about him not eating. Any info or ideas is greatly appreciated

Hi and welcome to the forum. You'll get more replies if you start a new thread in the food forum.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
we rescued a husky from a shelter (she was a stray) who was the same way. She would not eat for a long time. All she would eat was pedigree canned beef and rice. You have to just put the food in a bowl and place it down on the floor, if within twenty minutes he doesn't eat it pick it back up and put it down later on for twenty minutes or so and then pick it up agian. A dog won't starve themselves and he will eat when he's hungry enough. Ours didn't eat regularly for almost a week. Don't give your dog any treats or people food until he starts eating his dog food.

Members online

No members online now.