bubbles

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
pencil..my attempt at people, a pencil study for mom's birthday..not dog art, but i wanted to post it so i hope that's ok...

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i want to sell this one as prints..one thing i hate about people seeing my art on such a small scale, is that you cannot tell how hard i work on detail..i am very proud of this piece..and was happy that i did it for my mom. it is larger than this of course..but most of it fit on my scanner. i didn't want to take it out of the frame so there is a darker edge on the bottom from the shadow of the matt. I can tell anyone that wants to know how i got the lines so fine. I don't mind sharing technique tips.

Attachments

Last edited:
Beautiful, Smkie - and beautifully executed. I love the way you've managed to translate her little girl hands, dimples and all, on paper. It helps to have a Hyia to draw, too, doesn't it? ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
This is what my teachers wanted me to stop doing at the tute..i know why, cause it takes to long and u don't make "money" on it. I used a magnifying glass (the photo was very dim) and took it one section at a time.The photo was shot when it was too dark,it was grainy and ill defined, but i saw something in it i wanted to translate, and that was Hyia's focus..bubbles are beauty and creation, wonder and gone..all in a second.
I am sick to death of art being about money..something to slap together as quickly as possible so you can make more. To get the fine line i use number 03 lead, it is very fine, and the lightest pressure possible, building it up in layers. Pencil is the only medium if think i have "mastered". Art ought to be about expression, and celebrating the things in your life, joys and sorrows..

Last edited:

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I think it's wonderful!!!!! It really gives us an taste of what it was like there that day!! How I wish i'd never lost that awe you get from bubbles when you're little!! Why do we get so sensible when we get older?!! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
maybe u need a bottle and a wand..one of the things i plan on doing if i get to live long enough to be a crazy old bag..i want to blow bubbles..here is my bubble boy..he shares my joy his second birthday party was a bubble fest. That is how we celebrated.

Attachments

gapeach

Big Mutts
AAww, pics are so cute! Drawing is absolutely AMAZING I love it! Could we see the pic it was inspired by? Your mom will adore it.

Saje

Island dweller
Awesome. And I'm using the original meaning of the word. Awe struck. that is amazing. Look at those lips!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
gapeach, i drew this when hyia was 3..she is now 5. i have had a computer virus since then and lost a bunch. I have a two of those plastic tubs of pics and files,negatives, and sketches that need to go back on, they are in no order and i am just terrible about it, but when i do i will post it along with this thread. I try to tackle a hand full each night..taking that elephant one bite at a time

gapeach

Big Mutts
Completely understand that! I am a lil' behind on Maggie's scrapbook, will look forward to pic

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have found chazhound has a wonderful effect on my getting stuff together and put away..i am forever searching for something that seems to appy to a thread, or might be of interest to someone.

gapeach

Big Mutts
It's the opposite with me I should be getting alot more done, but since we got the computer! Oh well, this is my only free time. There's always something else that can be done, never enough time for it all

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
me to gapeach, but i just changed my down time..instead of sitting in front of the tv or reading..(well i cut down there) i am opening the door to a world i had no idea exsisted. Now i really should be tackling that laundry and vacuum..geez

Barb04

Super Moderator
Smkie, I just love the drawing of Hyia. You know how to capture the moment in every picture you draw. I know when Hyia gets older, that will be one of her favorites!

Laundry and vacuuming - okay I do the laundry while I'm down here on the computer so it doesn't feel like I'm doing the laundry. Vacuuming is just one of those things I've never liked and can't convince anyone else to do it.

Members online