I'm an idiot

Zoom

Twin 2.0
So I went to get more food for Sawyer and saw my store has started carrying the Petcurean GO line. Yay! So I grabbed a bag that said "duck formula" and headed home.

The next morning, Sawyer threw up some bile. Hmm. Weird. Then he did it again yesterday morning. I have Annie (Backwards Cinderella) grooming him today and she just texted me that he has an ear infection, something he has NEVER had before, which would make sense of why he's been acting off and was extra super-duper cuddly in bed last night.

I just pulled up the ingredient list to see what might be going on and realized that I didn't check the bag quickly enough. It's chock full of grains. Sawyer hasn't been on a grain-inclusive kibble in 5 years. :wall:

Good thing the food store has a good return policy!

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Eep! I was recently shopping around to a new food for the dogs since Tango is shedding an odd amount for winter and looked at GO. I was surprised by the amount of grain! I had no idea it was a grain food, I guess that the grain free version is Now. We ended up going with Pinnacle Turkey and so far Tango's poos have gotten smaller (which I didn't think was possible!) and he's starting to shed less Woooo!

Saeleofu

Poor Sawyer! Glad you got it figured out, though. And that ear infection shouldn't be too hard to treat now that he's back on his good stuff.

so far Tango's poos have gotten smaller (which I didn't think was possible!)
You should have seen his micro-poos when I was feeding him NV premade raw :eek:

Also, Logan's shedding a lot for this time of year, too. Kind of shattered my theory that shedding is completely photoperiod-dependent. I think it's our ridiculous up-and-down weather at work. Or (just thought of this), since he's working now, he gets exposed to more artificial light...

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling now :rofl1:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Eep! I was recently shopping around to a new food for the dogs since Tango is shedding an odd amount for winter and looked at GO. I was surprised by the amount of grain! I had no idea it was a grain food, I guess that the grain free version is Now. We ended up going with Pinnacle Turkey and so far Tango's poos have gotten smaller (which I didn't think was possible!) and he's starting to shed less Woooo!
Yep. The grain free is Now!, though I think there is one or two Go! That are GF too.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think I'm actually going to keep this bag and use it as a transition for Marley onto a good food. I've slowly convinced my boyfriend about the benefits and necessities of a good food and we've gone from Beneful to Rachael Ray and now I think she gets this bag and I'll just get another bag of GF for Sawyer.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Sorries sorries for Sawyer and vibes for feeling better.

It amazed me how much it affected Neccy's cognitive ability. You would have thought her completely senile on grain food.

Members online