Share your Funny Stories

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
Do you have any funny stories to tell involving your dogs? Share them with us here.

Here are a couple of my funny stories:

* The other week I was doing some ironing and I heard this noise. I didn't know what it was at first, but then I realised it was Harley growling at Abby (I couldn't see the dogs from where I was, but I guessed it was this). I kept saying "Harley, no.. Harley!" "Harley, quiet!". He didn't stop growling so I went over to him and realised it was Harley SNORING! :D He must have been in such a deep sleep to have not woken to my voice! I felt so stupid after that, and I couldn't stop laughing! It really did sound like he was growling though! :p

* Yesterday we took the dogs for a long walk to the park. On the way there I was walking Harley down a street and he was walking next to the fronts of the houses. As we past this particular house Harley got such a fright and jumped up in the air and to the side. He made me jump, too. I wondered what had happened, so I looked back at the house and saw this very docile bulldog standing at the gate, watching us as we walked past! :D Harley got such a shock, I'm sure he wasn't expecting to see a dog up so close!

I remember one time when my sister and I were walking the girls down the street. They were all on 4' to 5' nylon leashes, it was night time. A little boy was outside playing. My girls all love dogs, they absolutely love playing with them, and Tippy decides that she wants to play with this little kid. So she starts running towards him, a big goofy look on her face. She freaked the poor kid out - he ran screeching to his dad!!

Around Christmas time of 2002, my nephew Gabe was only about a month old. My sister (his mother) was here with Gabriel, and she had to go take a shower. She put him in a little rocking chair for babies and asked for us to just keep an eye on him. As soon as Abbie walked away, Mayberry posted herself at the head of the rocker and sat there, all serious, guarding him. :D

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
They are great stories! I especially love the last one! :)
Doesn't anyone else have any funny stories to share? I'm sure there are loads out there!

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
Ooh.. I didn't even realise there was a Dog Stories forum! Oops! :eek: I wonder if this could stay here, or if it should be moved?

I'll leave it here for now - since you didn't know there was a Dog Stories forum (it's in the bottom third of the page), I'm sure others haven't seen it. This thread could be a good way for others to find it. We can keep the funny stories short here. ;)

luvmydogs

hahahaha i dont know if u wanna hear this one, but i scolded one of my dogs a while back, and when he layed down, he made some mumbling noise, and i could swear he said F*** you!! LOL. im dead serious!!!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I got tons.

Zeus my clown. Well one day I moved the furniture around in my bedroom and pushed my bed against the one wall. Not remember Zeus has a hard time stopping when he jumps on my bed and often and falls off the other side which is humor every night. So it got to be time for bed and Zeus ran in there all excited jumped up on the bed and slid face first into the wall! He did'nt cry or anything just looked at the walk like " I hate you wall" he had his squinty eyes and everything hahaha.

A fun Hitch story. I brought Hitch into town with me not long ago and he is just the tramp in real life compared to the other dogs in town as he is an old man and is rude as can be. Well I was in town and decided to get some lunch and eat outside well I wasent paying attention to Hitch though he was a a leash. I then hear this women asking me to please control my dog he is sniffing at her and she just looked digusted. So I said ok and pulled Hitch over to me. Before the women left she came to my table and was saying this and that about my dog when Hitch lifts his leg and pees right on her dress!!!! It was priceless she got offended and walked off and Hitch got the other halph of my burrito lol!

bonster

Disappointed :(
When Bonnie was relatively new to me, I let her run in a wide open sandy space, not noticing a solitary kid making 'sandcastles' in the distance.

Bonnie spotted her... and vrooooooooommmmm! off she went, ignoring recall :eek: and the kid froze

My heart was in my mouth - I was certain that Bonnie was just curious but didn't want the kid scared

Decelerating from around 100mph she gently circled this kid, and looked at her sandcastles. The kid, now realising there wasn't any danger, unfroze and carried on making her sandcastles, digging in the sand.

Bonnie looked at her, then joined in the digging. The kid laughed and dug faster, and Bonnie copied. By the time I got over there Bonnie had made a good friend and played with her several times when we saw her in future :)

Members online