Sensitive Stomach Help

DrewG

Well the vet recommends the Hill's Science diet for sensitive stomachs and our little dog has been on it for years. But after this huge ordeal with Menu foods I was ready to find a better food for our older dog. I have tried canidae, but she still keeps throwing it up. I was wondering if there were any other holistic type foods that were made for a dog with a sensitive stomach. I keep searching but only find Hill's, Nutro, and other crap brands. Any help or advice would be Greatly appreciated!!! :)

showpug

My little one also has a very sensitive stomach and the vet also wanted to put her on "special" food once :yikes:

We use Canidae Chicken and Rice canned food and California Natural Lamb and Rice hard food and she has no problem. Make sure to find foods with a single protein source, the regular foods often have way too many, making them too rich for doggies with sensitive tummies. As well, it may take a few days for her stomach to settle down since you are switching to a higher quality food. You can add a little canned pumpkin (plain not the kind for pie) into her food for a few days at the beggining

Good Luck
Elissa

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Sorry about your pups sensitive tummy!

Back when Buddy had a sensitive stomach, we put him on California Natural Lamb and Rice, it was great! Good luck with your pup!:)

Members online

No members online now.