Doggie Daycare Issue (Indy)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Indy is coming to work with me most days (I'm back in the doggie daycare/training business until I move to CO because money) and while she has an absolute BLAST there, and I think it helps relieve some of the stress she picks up doing public access work, she's a very growly loud dog. She hackles when she's excited, but she's never started a fight, though she will correct rude behavior.

The issues is her growling and hackling make all the other dogs think she wants to fight, and scares the dog she's trying to play with. This is fine at home where they know how she plays (Ozzy and Enzo) and ignore her vocalizations (I'm actually blaming Ozzy because he taught her this. She never growled or barked before she spent time with his loud a*s.)

I don't want to discourage her from playing and running around like an idiot, but I want her to tone down the growling. The hackling itself isn't a huge issue, but coupled with the growling is getting her into trouble with other dogs, and then I have correct everyone.

Members online

No members online now.