Finnegan snuggled with a basement bug.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm not even kidding.

I see him staring at something at the foot of the couch. Look down, he's staring at a little basement bug. (I have no idea what it actually is... just a little grey multi-legged bug, I see them down here every so often.) This is pretty normal for Finn. See bug, want to play with bug. Play with bug. Eventually eat bug. All is well.

But oh no. Not tonight. Tonight he decides to pull the little bug close to him with his paw, and rest his head next to it. When it walked away again, he pulled it close again, and rested his head next to it.

My dog snuggles with bugs.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Now, June Bug, I could see. But bug bugs? Finn, what were you thinking?!?
That's the funniest thing. I called the boy over and was like "Finn is snuggling a bug." He didn't believe me until he saw the behaviour... because it's EXACTLY what he does when he tries to snuggle June Bug. Paw on her, pulls her close and rests his head on/beside her. She doesn't appreciate it sometimes, but his method is well-meaning. :rofl1:

That is about as freaking adorable as you could get. I wish there was video to go with it other than what's playing in my head.

Ohh Finn, you make me smile

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Your dog is a boy. Boys are gross. Expect any less?
The playing with the bug and proceeding to eat it is gross as it is, and now he wants to snuggle with multi-legged basement dwellers.

Next time I'm siccing June Bug on the bug as well, and taking bets on who kills it first. She plays with them as much as Finn does... in fact, I think Finn learned it from her. He's half cat, I swear.

Members online