Muscle tear or strain?

chocolate

Ok, now something even more serious is worrying me.

Here I was typing my essay on my computer while my little dog was taking a nap on my bed and suddenly she yelped.

I totally freaked out and at first I thought it was something with her tail since she kept it tucked in the whole time but after making her jog a little, I concluded it was something with her leg but I'm still not sure.

She could walk and run fine but she constantly sits down which led me to believe it was a muscle strain or tear. Right now I'm having her lying down on bed. Any suggestions is much appreciated.

~chocolate

chocolate

Actually I just confirmed, I pressed against the thigh area (or I think its the thigh) of her right hind leg and she flinched.

Now I'm having her staying on bed. Does anyone have any suggestions or any ideas how this happened while she was lying down? I think she was probably licking herself at the time too.

Is this something I should consider taking her to the vet about?

Yes, that does sound like a trip to the vet. She may have hurt it before she layed down, and flinched or moved in her sleep, causing the pang that alerted you, or she could even be in chronic, dull pain and only alerting your when it worsens.

Let us know how she is just as soon as you find out anything.

chocolate

Hmm, I didn't take her to the vet yet because before I read/received the reply here (I'm terribly sorry), a friend recommended I waited it out for a few days, in which I did, and the good thing is that now, she seems perfectly fine.

She doesn't constantly sit down while moving anymore or seem to be in pain when I press against her thigh but do you think I should still take her to the vet to be safe?

I'd want to know what the problem was, but since it seems to be over, the vet would probably have a difficult time telling exactly what caused it. If it was a soft tissue injury, it's probably well on its way to healing, but if there's a repeat, she really needs a check up.

Members online