Need a favor.....

Debi

I just uploaded a picture of Hammie in member gallery.....when it posts, could you take a look. I tried to get a shot of the black spot on his tongue, but of course he wouldn't look directly at me. He wasn't having any more of the flash....but you can see the black mark even tho his head is turned. See what I mean.....how could I have not noticed this before?? The vet is so far away and he is a job to take.......so if you could give me opinions now that you see it, I'd appreciate it so very much! Have you seen a mark that looks like this one. It looks like dirt, there isn't any lumpiness to it. If this is some type of birthmark, I'd just feel better hearing that after you've all seen it. I don't like to panic........lol......but by now you know I do! Not sure how long til the picture posts, but it'll be on by tomorrow. THANKS EVERYONE!!!! You know....I just looked at the other picture of him with his tongue out that I took where he is waiting for me at the back door...I DON'T SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm calling the vet Monday. I'm now thinking he has had this since his neutering surgery. Any ideas on a possible cause?????? :(

First, Debi, let me say that you're completely wrong about the photo. It IS a good one. :D Very handsome profile.

This is going to sound way to simple, but have you found any chewed ink pens or magic markers anywhere?

Is there any difference in the texture of the pink part and the black dot on Hammie's tongue? Are the edges well defined or kind of fuzzy? And are you keeping track of the size and shape? Is the black coloration just on the one spot on top, or does it carry through to the bottom of his tongue?

You might try e-mailing a blown-up copy of the photo to your vet.

Debi

Called the vet.......they said what you said, Renee........keep a watch to see if it gets bigger or changes in any way. Seems it's not an unusual thing.......they weren't very concerned (not that I trust them all the time..lol) Soooooooo, Sir Ham has my hand in his mouth checking daily. Made him think getting his ears cleaned was a breeze. :) It bothers me cause it looks like dirt...I keep wanting to wipe it off. Ham's getting used to me fretting........I actually think he wallows in the attention. I see Addie rolling her eyes. I just look at her and say......."MEN!" :)

Members online

No members online now.