Best shears for me.

ecsports

Hello,

I have an english springer spaniel. I usually shave him very close (no showy stuff just practical I don't even leave the feathers on his front legs.)as he is for the most part an inside dog. However his hair seems to be getting harder and harder to cut with my oster turbo a5. I wish to reduce the time it is taking to shear him for his benifit as well as mine. Without washing it is taking me at least 2 hours to shave him.

What would be the best shear to get that would remove the bulk quickly? Thank you for all of your advice.

Thank you
Chris

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Questions on your current grooming situation.. When you say without washing.. Are you just giving a time line, or are you literally not washing him first? Dirty dog hair dulls clippers faster.
Have you ever gotten your blade(s) sharpened, or have you been using just one for a really long time? Depending upon the blade, some don't dull very fast, especially with home use, but in time they do wear down.

Tracey0073

I agree with the previous post you MUST clip clean hair especially as Springers have a double coat. The best blade for your dog is a 7 skip tooth then a 7F to finish, you should a no 10 on the inside of the ears and the head and face. Always make sure you give the dog a good brush with a slicker to get the dead hair out as this will dull your clippers aswell. Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.