The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

Everyone and everything is pissing me off today. I want to curl up in bed, watch sad things, and cry. In fact, I think that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Locke

Toller - If you decide to go to school, I HIGHLY recommend college. College is much better for hands on learning/experiential learning. You might find you really excel at school in a college program.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Can I trade this cat in for a puppy? She just got on top of the refrigerator and knocked a huge crystal cake display down. The cake stand is in a million pieces, the countertop is a little beat up, and the wood floor is scuffed. I need to teach Rumor to keep her under control.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I feel bad for bitching all the time about how I want something different with my life. I feel like it is a constant battle. Will I ever just be happy where I am? Do I have issues that should be addressed by a therapist?

Also, it is cold and I want spring/summer.

Annnnnd. Steering is going out on the Jeep... Got called into work in the morning (awesome, not). Thus, going to have to see if DH can mail a package out for me. Hopefully he can make it to the car fix it place before work to see what is wrong, as he will be gone for like, five days next week. :/

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Was late to work this morning because of the stupid snow and it wasn't even that much snow but apparently it makes people incapable of driving. I spent 10 minutes just sitting on the entrance ramp of the freeway. 10 minutes!! It normally takes me 15 minutes to get to work so that's a significant amount of time! I'm ready for spring, and I love winter/snow so that is huge for me to say lol.

It was a horribly busy day at work. Baaahhh heartworm season I hate you.

My mom was admitted to the hospital for a blood clot(s) in her lung. Which I'm pretty nonchalant about because this is just what my family does lol, one of my brothers and one of my sisters have had pulmonary embolisms before, so now my mom's just part of the club.

Part of her being in the hospital means that I'll probably have to get up early with the dogs, even though I don't work until the afternoon so it should be my day to sleep in.

Aaaaand it's 10:30pm and after being up and going since 6:30am, I'm finally sitting down and breathing.

I have a case of the Mondays!

Yea, even *I* am ready for winter to be over. At first I was excited by the snow, but with a windchill of -10 this morning I'm doubting whether we'll be able to sneak out for a skijor. Waiting to see if it's going to warm up enough to go, otherwise we're stuck inside until it's time to go to work. :(

DJEtzel

I ALWAYS snows on Tuesdays! The CGC classes I'm teaching right now are Tuesday nights and we've had to cancel 2 weeks of the session now... if we cancel one more (tonight), it's going to run into the schedule for the next session, when I'll be at a different location training. URGH. STOP SNOWING.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Spring break for the area I work at starts Saturday. We have been booked to capacity for boarding for about a week now. Because we put boarding dogs in daycare (not my idea but it's how we do it), we've had to severely limit daycare, and have put up signs and sent email announcements about this for a few weeks now.

It is just stunning how people gave no thought to their dog's care when planning a vacation. I get no pleasure out of turning people away, and I'm so tired of fielding constant emails and phone calls and being met with indignation. "But we're going on vacation!!! We've had this planned for months!" Well, you could have booked boarding months ago, then? I don't know what to tell you, the inn is full.

Not to mention that I'm dreading having such a full house. Not for safety reasons, just... Ugh, so much barking, poop, the dogs that refuse to eat, the cage aggressive dogs, the poor dogs that get weird while being boarded... Wwwhhhhhhhyyyyyy? And of course I'm working 6 day weeks for the next two weeks.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I really want a warm weekend so I can work on the yard... I need to get the fertilizer spread, I need to sift some more of the rock out, I need to get more dirt to level my yard, I need to plant grass seed... why why why are you so cold, weather? C'mon. It's March.

27 degrees.
Feels like 13.

BOO.

joce

My mom was admitted to the hospital for a blood clot(s) in her lung. Which I'm pretty nonchalant about because this is just what my family does lol, one of my brothers and one of my sisters have had pulmonary embolisms before, so now my mom's just part of the club.

Part of her being in the hospital means that I'll probably have to get up early with the dogs, even though I don't work until the afternoon so it should be my day to sleep in.

Aaaaand it's 10:30pm and after being up and going since 6:30am, I'm finally sitting down and breathing.

I have a case of the Mondays!
Has your family been checked for any clotting disorders? My dad had a blood clot years ago and turns out factor V runs in our family and everyone that gets it passed on clots easy and needs to be on Coumadin. Luckily I did not get it. Many of his brothers and sisters are on it though. With that many people getting clots it's likely something's going on.

Grab

Spring break for the area I work at starts Saturday. We have been booked to capacity for boarding for about a week now. Because we put boarding dogs in daycare (not my idea but it's how we do it), we've had to severely limit daycare, and have put up signs and sent email announcements about this for a few weeks now.

It is just stunning how people gave no thought to their dog's care when planning a vacation. I get no pleasure out of turning people away, and I'm so tired of fielding constant emails and phone calls and being met with indignation. "But we're going on vacation!!! We've had this planned for months!" Well, you could have booked boarding months ago, then? I don't know what to tell you, the inn is full.

Not to mention that I'm dreading having such a full house. Not for safety reasons, just... Ugh, so much barking, poop, the dogs that refuse to eat, the cage aggressive dogs, the poor dogs that get weird while being boarded... Wwwhhhhhhhyyyyyy? And of course I'm working 6 day weeks for the next two weeks.
I never understand the lack of planning (something like family emergency aside). I work at a vet clinic and their policy is to not tell anyone no (lest it look bad for them) if they're an established client. Thus, every holiday, we have people walking in for boarding. We always end up with giant dogs shoved in small cages, simply because it's thought that people will be bitter if we turn them away and we run out of room. I'm not sure what they fear is going to happen..not a single other clinic accepts walk ins of any type without a fee, so I don't know where they think these people are going to flock to.

I live in a city with something like 100,000 hotel and camp rooms, we are generally full on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, the number of calls I have to field on those days questioning why we are full, and how there isn't a room available in the whole city drives me bonkers!! Meanwhile I'm thinking they didn't build this many room by accident, they built them, and keep adding more, simply because we fill them.

Furthermore the vast numbers of people who pack their pets and kids into the family car with their stuff and drive here thinking tomorrow they will be set up in a house with high paying jobs and be set for life are beginning to wear on me too. There is next to no pet friendly rentals here, jobs are not handed out when you enter the city and its too cold to sleep in their cars. The hotels are full I'm sorry you didn't plan ahead and make a couple calls before you brought your life up here, but don't berate me at the hotel because I can't kick someone else out for you, oh and yes our rates are $170 a night no I can't change it, it's a full kitchenette room that's a **** good price for here.

And then when they DO find somewhere to board, they realize in a panic - usually the day before they are leaving - that all of their vaccines are overdue and they need to get in RIGHT NOW MY DOG IS BOARDING TOMORROW NOT 4 PM NOT 5 PM RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW AHEEEEEEEE. :p

SaraB

And then when they DO find somewhere to board, they realize in a panic - usually the day before they are leaving - that all of their vaccines are overdue and they need to get in RIGHT NOW MY DOG IS BOARDING TOMORROW NOT 4 PM NOT 5 PM RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW AHEEEEEEEE. :p
This. Oh my word people.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Can I say that I was totally that person when we did Frodo's trial run at boarding? The day before I was like herpin derpin along and all of a sudden I was like 0.0 he doesn't have bordetella...WHAT IF HE NEEDS BORDETELLA?!?!! FREAK OUT!!!

Fortunately he didn't :p

Can I say that I was totally that person when we did Frodo's trial run at boarding? The day before I was like herpin derpin along and all of a sudden I was like 0.0 he doesn't have bordetella...WHAT IF HE NEEDS BORDETELLA?!?!! FREAK OUT!!!

Fortunately he didn't :p
Aheheh. Whenever I do something like this for myself, like a prescription is about to run out an I need an exam for refills or whatever, groveling helps. "I know I'm being THAT PERSON and I'm so sorry, but can I please xyz?" and usually my doctor's office has mercy. :p

Members online

No members online now.