Ella's Lead collars?

Saeleofu

I love Becca and Ben, most of us here still do, but there's a small but vocal crew on here that hates them with a passion and a lot of drama surrounding why they left. General collar recommendation threads are still peppered with "oh, and I don't recommend. . ."
:hail: :hail:

Also. THAT STAMP. I love the EL brand stamp, it's adorable. I sort of want to send Gavroche's back some day just to get that stamp, since I got his pre-stamping. Logan's doesn't have any room for the stamp :( I WANT THE FREAKING STAMP lol

Gavroche is also a collar-scratcher, and his collar hasn't had any spots/stones come out, and scratches get buffed out easily with a good conditioning (I use Fiebing's Aussie Leather Conditioner).

noludoru

Bored Now.
If I post it on here I'll get a threat about how I'm not supposed to say negative things about Ella's Lead.

Ella's Lead collars are also notorious for bleeding into the coats of dogs. I can name a handful of people who have told me or posted about how once Ella's Lead collars are wet, they bleed.
At least you're still here on the forum so that you can voice your opinion and get mod-slapped. Becca was driven off. I'm not trying to be rude here, but I'd like to put that in perspective.

As to the second bit, I took Middie swimming this morning - not for the first time - and there's been no bleeding from the suede or the black collar onto his white chest.

Sael already said her bit about this, though:

Make sure you order the gear appropriate to your needs. If you order cat collars expecting super nice heavy leather, you're going to be disappointed, but that's your own fault for ordering cat collars. If you want a nice latigo, order a regular leather collar, and NOT a specialty leather collar. Specialty leathers are meant for special occasions, not for wearing around 24/7. It's stupid to get mad at a collar maker for your own lack of judgement in ordering.

I've never had this problem, and one of my dogs is white and the other has a mostly white neck. The only bleeding I experience was with the suede lining, but they tell you ahead of time not to get suede lining if you want to use the collar in the water. And it had to be SUPER wet to bleed - rain simply wasn't enough. I'm talking swimming in the pool or chasing the hose - thoroughly wet. Without the suede lining it doesn't bleed at all.

So, TL;DR - DO IT. I love Ella's Lead, they have awesome customer service, awesome stuff, and I doubt I'll ever get fancy leather collars from anywhere else.
I got a leather collar from them when they first started doing leather. It was a nice collar. Good, thick leather. My only problem was that my dogs are so rough that they always ripped the spots out. So, after fixing it a few times, I just didn't let them wear it. I recently sold it. I think next time, if I chose to get another, I'll go for less decorations.
I saw that issue with one of the early ones that another poster bought, as well. Rebecca offered to repair or replace it as soon as she knew about it. I would go for one as fancy as you want this time, because I haven't seen the issue in any of her newer collars.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Also. THAT STAMP. I love the EL brand stamp, it's adorable. I sort of want to send Gavroche's back some day just to get that stamp, since I got his pre-stamping. Logan's doesn't have any room for the stamp :( I WANT THE FREAKING STAMP lol

Gavroche is also a collar-scratcher, and his collar hasn't had any spots/stones come out, and scratches get buffed out easily with a good conditioning (I use Fiebing's Aussie Leather Conditioner).
Gods, I love the stamp. I got one of the first ones with it - she hadn't even included them on the website photos yet. I loved it and was so surprised I picked up the phone and called her to tell her how awesome it was.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
At least you're still here on the forum so that you can voice your opinion and get mod-slapped. Becca was driven off. I'm not trying to be rude here, but I'd like to put that in perspective.
I don't recall she was banned :confused: She can still post here if she wants.

Becca and Ben threatened myself and a handful of members on here by name for stating the truth about their product quality. Maybe when they made my collars and the other bad review collars they were having a bad week? I don't know. I took photos and posted my experience because I feel when you're spending $30 on a collar you should know your experience may be (way) less than pleasant.

The thread was buried and they never returned.

Anyway, I support companies that provide quality products and excellent customer service. Ella's Lead proved none of that to me.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm not sure this is the best way to discuss her collar quality.

Honestly, having a lot of friends with collar companies, it seems it's easier to be off forums at a certain point and it seems it may be better considering this type of discussion. You cannot possibly please everyone.

(And I don't think Jessie is a mod, she can't control whether people are here or not)

I saw that issue with one of the early ones that another poster bought, as well. Rebecca offered to repair or replace it as soon as she knew about it. I would go for one as fancy as you want this time, because I haven't seen the issue in any of her newer collars.
Rebecca offered to put the spots back in place for $5. I didn't feel it was worth it to pay the shipping and I did it myself, twice. :)

However, this spot popping has happened to several of my collars from several different companies so I've just decided that my dogs are too rough and cannot have pretty things any longer.

I like collars. EL collars are pretty. Can we stop fighting now?
Right? I groaned internally when I saw this because I knew where it was heading.

Other than that, all I have to say is that I know some people have had awful experiences with them, but I have always been happy with their service and products and haven't had any problems with either.

I will always support Ella's Lead collars because I know the quality is superb, the customer service is excellent, and they are GOOD PEOPLE. They don't give their "special" customers kick backs/free products for going and posting shitty reviews of rival companies.

As far as being notorious for bleeding onto coats....I have several of Ella's Leads awesome collars, and none have bled and I have a swimmer. I've even laid them flat out on a white towel after swimming just to see and, nope. Not even a hint.

I think this is the wrong thread for certain people to continue pushing their..agenda. Build a bridge already.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Wow, I was just asking for opinions on the collars, not an argument.:eek: I love collars as much as the next person (haha, obviously), but they're just collars. No reason to fight about it. Sorry for the upset!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
As much as I love my collar from EL, mine does bleed pretty bad. That's one of the reasons Talon doesn't wear it in the water anymore. I put it on, he swims, and he comes out with red all over his neck. First time I thought he had cut himself lol :p Mine is an old collar though, had it for a while. So maybe the new ones don't bleed as bad? Or maybe it's just this specific collar (red)?

Wanted to add that I will be purchasing a collar from them in the future.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm not the collar fanatic that others on here are, so I have no collars from them. However, the Marri's Lead Babyblues bought for me YEARS ago from them is still in excellent condition, despite the daily abuse it goes through.

I'm trying to come up with a design I like to order some collars and I'll be going through EL.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Wow, I was just asking for opinions on the collars, not an argument.:eek: I love collars as much as the next person (haha, obviously), but they're just collars. No reason to fight about it. Sorry for the upset!
We probably should have warned you what was going to happen. But seriously, this isn't even arguing for us. This was short and sweet. And civil. Everyone gets a cookie for their good behavior.

Rebecca offered to put the spots back in place for $5. I didn't feel it was worth it to pay the shipping and I did it myself, twice. :)

However, this spot popping has happened to several of my collars from several different companies so I've just decided that my dogs are too rough and cannot have pretty things any longer.
I'm sorry to hear that. My solution would be to buy the pretty collars anyway and only use them for going out; and then grab some cheap J&J rolled leather collars for daily use.

Red Chrome

I was just stating my experience with the company and their products. Nothing more, nothing less. I have never received anything from another collar company for bad mouthing a different company. They may be good people to certain customers but others have opposite opinions.

It's merely a difference of opinions. Take it or leave it.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I was just stating my experience with the company and their products. Nothing more, nothing less. I have never received anything from another collar company for bad mouthing a different company. They may be good people to certain customers but others have opposite opinions.

It's merely a difference of opinions. Take it or leave it.
This.

I've seen most people in this thread give bad reviews to other companies. Why is it OK then, but this company gets a bad review and they are obviously being "paid off" by another company :-/

Companies get bad reviews. They put on their big boy pants and continue on. I don't know that I can name any company that I HAVEN'T heard a bad review about.

That said, personally, I haven't had a problem with Ella's Lead. Rosey's collar lasted a few years. I also had coloured leather (pink), so I knew it wouldn't last AS long. That said, I've had friends had bad experiences. To each their own. I haven't bought since, but haven't really had a need for one. I can't say I'd buy again, but that's only because I really don't "get" spending that amount of monetly on collars unless they can easily be seen. (Though even then.),

I'm going to choke on all the passive-aggression in this thread, lol.

And that's saying a lot, given where I live I've built up a pretty high tolerance.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I looked into the vegan collar when I was looking for a waterproof one for Merlin and I've heard they stand up very well!

Never ended up going through with it though (GSD lured me with the $12 price tag) lol

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
For a visual -- the service lead I mentioned earlier. These pics were taken when it arrived a couple years ago, but it looks the same now (though the dogs are greyer). This is the heavy black leather. For whatever it's worth, I've never noticed it bleeding, either on the brown dogs or on my hands (or clothes, if used as a hands-free). I don't exactly throw my leather into pools, but it's been out in light rain and heavy dew.

Members online

No members online now.