New with two GSDs

Ya they are pretty similar, especially through the dam line. Very cool. Kastle is a very handsome boy! What's he like temperament wise? Do you still do flyball with him? Odin is the only GSD in my region doing flyball, its fun talking to other GSD flyball people.

Red Chrome

That's a nice pedigree. I must ask why don't you recommend his breeder? You can PM if needed.

FG167

Ya they are pretty similar, especially through the dam line. Very cool. Kastle is a very handsome boy! What's he like temperament wise? Do you still do flyball with him? Odin is the only GSD in my region doing flyball, its fun talking to other GSD flyball people.
He's got a very nice, solid temperament. He's got bat-**** crazy drive. Leaks in basic, leaks on about turns, screams when he has to wait his turn, works up to bark-bark-bark. He's VERY extreme, kind of Malinois in a GSD body extreme. He has a wonderful off-switch. He's a house pet, sleeps by the bed, is loose during the day. Toy drive is off the charts, he doesn't like to out, the food drive is very close behind the toy drive. I do IPO with him primarily but he also has titles in dock jumping, flyball, lure coursing, conformation...I hope to do agility and weight pull with him at some point.

I am not doing flyball and I miss it ALL THE TIME. We moved from MI to TN and the closest team that can handle our high drive dogs is 3 hours and on the weekends, when I train IPO. His best time at 1 year old was 4.2 on a team, 4.359 singles. I think with more muscle/maturity, we could probably get pretty close to 4 seconds.

This was his first/last tournament :(
[YOUTUBE]paOMSi1XV_Q[/YOUTUBE]

We also have Pan, who was the fastest GSD in U-Fli last year. He no longer does flyball due to dog aggression (and the team problem).

This is Pan and Kastle at training...it's from awhile ago
[YOUTUBE]dECnSB8DBz4[/YOUTUBE]

What about your dog??? Temperament? Drive? What're his times? How come you don't recommend him? Is it because of the bat-**** crazy? :)

Lol that sounds a lot like Havoc, it's so funny you mention the mal thing cause Havoc is more malinois than most mals I know. He has off the charts drive, I can't even explain how high drive he is (although it sounds like you know lol.) He is very intense, I haven't had terrible leaking problems with him he tends to be quite internal and just INTENSE. Normally he just lets out little squeaks when working but then SCRAEMS when he's released. Although now that I have had to stop working him he does scream when he gets at all frustrated, which is understandable. He has a lot of health issues, starting with severe allergies (and I mean SEVERE), he is dysplastic and has degenerative lumbosacral stenosis which has caused a herniated disc in his low back. Basically he will never again do anything physically taxing. Right now I do nose work with him to help keep his mind busy but even that (I think just because he is so tense and worked up when he is doing it) seems to worsen the neurological defects caused by nerve compression. He may get better with lots of rest, he may not. Surgery is an option but not a great one. So ya, he is the best worker I have ever met and he can't do anything. I did IPO with him and Odin (up until Odin was 3 and havoc was 8 months) I decided it wasn't the sport for me.

Havoc doesn't have that great of an off switch, in the house he's good but if we are out anywhere else he will not chill out. If he is not constantly being stimulated he will get pretty neurotic and exhibit some OCD behaviors. He is also over the top dominant with dogs and people. It's really impossible for me to comment on his nerves as I know he has been affected negatively by medications and it's hard to say whether or not past inappropriate aggression incidents were him being nervy or just in a lot of pain.

Okay, I have seen Pan on the German Shepherd forum. Kastle looks awesome! Too bad flyball is so far away for you :(

Havoc never got a chance to do flyball, as I just started a few months ago but Odin so far has done 2 tournaments. He consistently runs 4.2 seconds but did some 4.1 second runs at his second tourney. I think the potential is there for him to run 4.0 but flyball isn't really my main focus, I'm lucky if I make it to 2 practices a month. Agility is my main addiction, I am a hopeless agility addict :)

I have like no flyball videos! This is Odin's box turn from a few weeks ago, he was pretty tired and doesn't normally turn as wide. But I am pretty happy with his turn.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUe0kDVK0yM&feature=c4-overview&list=UULa2OdsbUZSn0AaHc3zv-EQ[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUe0kDVK0yM&feature=c4-overview&list=UULa2OdsbUZSn0AaHc3zv-EQ

This is an agility challenge course that Odin and I did a few weeks ago.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu3ECx_Orxw&list=UULa2OdsbUZSn0AaHc3zv-EQ[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu3ECx_Orxw&list=UULa2OdsbUZSn0AaHc3zv-EQ

This is Havoc at a rally fun trial, its kinda boring and really his intensity just doesn't translate well to video lol. It's a pretty sloppy routine but once I quit schutzhund I only did obedience like twice a month if that.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3u0RUVcz4&list=UULa2OdsbUZSn0AaHc3zv-EQ[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3u0RUVcz4&list=UULa2OdsbUZSn0AaHc3zv-EQ

It's cool to talk to someone with a dog from similar lines as Havoc, really I did love his crazy drive (although it could be dangerous to work him lol) now it really sucks how high drive he is but I guess that's just the way it goes sometimes.

ETA: and I don't know how to embed videos lol

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Hey are you going to the CAA trial this weekend? I can't remember if you're in masters or not yet so I might not see you anyways if you are going for Saturday only.

Oh and nationals? Results were such a gong show I didn't catch who all qualified. Well that and I wasn't up for staying out in the cold that late.

We did qualify for nationals but we aren't going to go. I had planned on it but I just don't think we are quite there as a team and it is so tough for me to take time off work right now, that if I do take time off it better be relaxing lol. How about you? Did you qualify/are you going?

We are going this weekend but just Saturday, I was going to enter all the masters stuff FEO but we have a flyball tournament the weekend after, so one day of competing was plenty for me this weekend. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of trials around here this summer? Is it normally pretty quiet in the summer? I am planning to go to the lethbridge agility trail in August but that's about it until fall.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
We did qualify an we're going to go. Rumor has it nationals is in New Brunswick next year and that will be harder to go to financially.

There's fionavar (olds) at the start of July, it might be closed though. Then hyper hounds has a nationals warm up at the end of July. Then ours in August, and Medicine Hat in sept and one that I love in Kimberley BC in sept too if you're willing to go on a mountain vaycay for a trial ;)

If Odin is CKC registered you should think about doing some of the AKC trial at spruce meadows this year! It's an awesome venue to play at and CKC courses are easy (and this year there's some prize money).

We did qualify an we're going to go. Rumor has it nationals is in New Brunswick next year and that will be harder to go to financially.

There's fionavar (olds) at the start of July, it might be closed though. Then hyper hounds has a nationals warm up at the end of July. Then ours in August, and Medicine Hat in sept and one that I love in Kimberley BC in sept too if you're willing to go on a mountain vaycay for a trial ;)

If Odin is CKC registered you should think about doing some of the AKC trial at spruce meadows this year! It's an awesome venue to play at and CKC courses are easy (and this year there's some prize money).
I know we won't have the opportunity to go for a few years after this but that's okay, I have my sights set on kicking butt at regionals next year.

My club's flyball tournament is the same weekend as the fionavar trial:( if it wasn't my clubs tournament I would totally ditch flyball. I am at a Kathy Keats seminar in olds the weekend of the July trial. What club do you belong to? Is that the Lethbridge trial in August? I will have to look into CKC, I have never tried but prize money makes it pretty tempting to try out lol. I would love to go to the Medicine Hat trial again, we went in May. But I will HOPEFULLY be going to Prince George to pick up my coolie puppy that weekend:)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I'm with go dog go, which is the lethbridge club. We're pretty awesome so you need to come to our trial.

Fun that you're going to Kathy Keats! We're having her here next weekend and izzie and I have a working spot =) she's great, I learned a lot from just auditing in January when we last had her here.

Yes I am definitely going to the lethbridge trial! Are there any good places to camp around there? I'm super stoked to have gotten a working spot with Kathy Keats! It's supposed to be a nationals prep seminar (my plan originally was to go to nationals) but I think we will get a ton out of it anyways.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
The only campgrounds I know here are Henderson lake camp ground and bridge view. Though we will have some on site camping (info in the premium)

Equinox

Welcome!! I recognize you and your dogs from the GSD board, and have always thought that they were fantastic. I was very sorry to hear about Havoc's health issues and the breeder's attitude regarding the entire situation, but Havoc is certainly in good hands with you. Hope you stick around and share more pictures!

Members online

No members online now.