On the topic of wedding rings...

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
... what type of metal (is that the right word?) do you prefer?

My engagement ring is white gold and so far has held up fantastically. I've heard that gold can be pretty soft and scratch easily. Stainless steel or sterling silver? Platinum I had on my class ring.. It scratched as well. Titanium?

My wedding band no longer fits with the humidity here. My fingers are like sausages. Lol. It's made from antler, so there is nothing that can be done to make it smaller or larger. So.. I'm looking at new options. Yes, I could go without one but I don't really want to. For now, my wedding band is on a necklace and I'm looking at: http://www.zales.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17327606

What are your experiences with things outside of white gold?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Mine is white gold with a 1/4 karat tear cut diamond I think.

It was on clearance xD what can I say? We are both frugal. I don't ever wear it though, because I work with horses & there is the risk of the ring getting snagged in a lead rope or whatever, there have been stories of chicks losing their fingers that wAy

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Mine is stainless steel - super durable, looks just as good as something more expensive, and it was all of $75. lol

This is pretty much the same as mine:

We also looked at Tungsten, Titanium and a few others for DH.

I'm pretty sure we ended up with tungsten and carbon fiber for DH. His ring looks a lot like this:

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Mine is white gold and it's pretty scratched up. I can't remember what my husband's ring is, but it's a replica of the One Ring :eek:

White gold here. I've had a great experience. It gets scratched but we get it replated once a year. Most places offer that if you purchase a plan that is usually reasonably priced. It also includes free resizing.

White gold, mine is in good shape. I also have a band my husband got me for our 10th anniversary that is white gold and is still in good shape, too.

CaliTerp07

My rings are white gold. I wish we had gotten platinum or titanium or something. My hands sweat a lot, so the rings yellow rapidly. If I want them to stay looking nice, I'd have to replate them every 3-4 months, and each time I take them in it takes 2ish weeks for them to send them out and get them back. I don't like having naked fingers.

Mine is just plain old stainless steel with our names and date carved into them. I was in the Army when we got married so we kept it pretty plain. I love it though... It spins. LOL

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Platinum. I like that it takes forever to age, is the strongest, and matte and silky SILVER finish is what you get over time, and it is ridiculously hard to scratch (/doesn't need to be sent away)

I have a few bands (one is white gold) and such and my platinum one is by far my favorite and has aged the most gracefully over the last 10 years or so.

The only downside to platinum is the price, obviously, but I don't wear much jewelry and when it comes to a wedding ring.. might as well splurge.

LindaJD

My engagement ring and wedding band are both yellow gold and 26 years later they are still in great shape. My husbands wedding band has never ever been off his finger and it is still in good shape.

Members online

No members online now.