What the heck weather.

Taqroy

We've had lightning, rain, hail, flash floods, and wind for the last couple days. My car slid on a patch of mud from the rain yesterday morning and I almost wrecked. Last night I thought someone was throwing rocks at our house. Go to peek out the window and it's actually HAIL. Huge hail.

I checked Matt's windshield this morning and it appears to be intact so that's good. Although I'm sure we'll be filing a claim for the rest of his car and possibly the roof of the house. >.< I have to say though, that hail last night was extremely cool. I've never seen pieces that big.

ILU Colorado but your weather is very confusing.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I was watching those clouds building up, but we never got more than a quick sprinkle from this round.

Glad everything is ok though! Adjusters, glass and roofing companies are crowing right now.

Red.Apricot

The hail was incomprehensibly large at first in that picture. I was like, "Hail? Then when is she showing a picture of golfballs? Why is one dirty? THIS MAKES NO-- oh."

Taqroy

That's insane! I've never seen hail that big before :yikes:
I know!! I'm so glad I was paying attention and noticed when the lighting got weird - Murphy and Tipper were outside right before it started. I actually thought we were going to have a tornado, there was that weird stillness and orange light.

I was watching those clouds building up, but we never got more than a quick sprinkle from this round.

Glad everything is ok though! Adjusters, glass and roofing companies are crowing right now.
At least two people on fb have posted about broken windshields from the hail. I guess it was so big on Wednesday it was punching through windows. o_O

The hail was incomprehensibly large at first in that picture. I was like, "Hail? Then when is she showing a picture of golfballs? Why is one dirty? THIS MAKES NO-- oh."
:rofl1: That picture was taken about ten minutes after it dropped too - we had to wait until it started raining so Matt could go grab it. So it was probably a bit bigger than a golf ball at first.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I had the same thought, only at the end of it, I went "OMG, Holy sh*t!!" :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Our Canadian geese were allowed to have their babies this year for the first time in a long time due the death of so many caused by hail that size. It tore up everything which is why my garden was shredded lettuce I watered just enough to keep alive last summer. I am glad you all weren't hurt, and it's good his windshield is intact. My heart goes out to all the wildlife that was caught in that.

Members online

No members online now.