1 pound chihuahua + Reggin.

xpaeanx

He is very cute. I'm not partial to chihuahuas personally, but he's got quite the character to him!

I'm going to spout that I also rather disagree with your choice of taking the pup at this time in your life, as you have a new baby on the way and are fighting finances as it is. I just hope it doesn't come down to rehoming Truffles, or one of your other dogs, just because new puppy pulled the finances even lower.

THAT SAID, I'm not trying to bash, I just want to voice my opinion, and hope you make the right decisions for you and your family. :)
This.

He is very cute! I wish you the best with him, and I hope your interview went well! I missed seeing pics of reggin and madison. :)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
If I was pregnant with my second child, lost my job and were having a really hard time financially....
But you're NOT, are you? It's so easy to judge others but you really have no idea until you've experienced it yourself. Life happens and opinions change.. for your sake (and others) I hope you are never in such a position so that you will never come to face to face with people like yourself. It would be a harsh reality and eye-opening at the same time.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Reg he's adorable.

And for what it's worth, I don't think you're making a terrible mistake bringing him home. You're a perfectly capable dog owner and mother, and he was already paid for. For crying out loud people, how much does a 1 pound dog eat? :rolleyes:

A lot of people on here said I was making a very bad decision to get Strider, Aurelia was 2 weeks old, Robert and I had both just lost our jobs, ended up moving 1200 miles a couple of months later, etc. but it turned out to be the very best choice we could have made. You know your own limits and situation better than anybody else on here, so don't let anybody make you feel bad about it.

I agree no one knows anyone elses situation.

I think people are mostly upset that one dog had to be rehomed in a sense in order to bring this dog in.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I agree no one knows anyone elses situation.

I think people are mostly upset that one dog had to be rehomed in a sense in order to bring this dog in.
Pebbles has gone to stay with her mom before, and I never got the impression that she was going to stay there permanently.

bubbatd

I'm confused ..... isn't Pebbles her Mom's dog ?? I don't think that she's rehoming any dogs !

Saje

Island dweller
Who is being rehomed? :confused: No one as far as I know. And I'm not sure why anyone feels qualified to tell anyone else how to live their lives. No one but Reggin and her family are in that situation and I've never known Reggin to make any of her dogs suffer so what's the deal? Chances are that this little guy will be with her for a long time. If it's a healthy little pup (crosses toes) then it will not add much to her expenses at all and if she has to move a chihuahua will adapt to apartment life (or wherever) quite well. There are plenty of things that could go wrong with any of our dogs (crosses toes) that would test anyone's budget but we still allow ourselves the joy of having them.

Saje

Island dweller
Oh sorry Reggin. That pup is C-U-T-E. Congrats! I was never a huge fan of chihuahuas until my boss had one. We fell in love and now I adore them :D

I said "rehomed in a sense"... she had to give Pebbles to her mother... while it is not actually being rehomed... giving one dog to someone else, anyone else, so that you can take on another doesnt seem right.

Yes, anything could happen to anyone tmrw... but I can say for a fact that I wouldnt give Armani to anyone, even my parents who would treat him like gold, to take on a new dog that didnt even know me.

ACooper

Pebbles has gone to stay with her mom before, and I never got the impression that she was going to stay there permanently.
I'd say this is likely the case. It isn't rehoming pebbles to keep truffles. It sounds like she is at her mothers or with her mother a lot of the time and it's probably just as much convenience to not drag her back and forth as anything else.

Not only that, she stated that pebbles gets aggravated with the pup right now and perhaps staying at her mothers provides more quiet time that she wants?? IDK...

At least that's the way it seemed to me..........I could be wrong on that.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Truffles is sooo adorable! He looks a lot like Rylie did at that age :D Your pictures are giving me chi puppy fever ;)

I totally agree with Nikki, Saje, ACooper, and others. Reggin is a good person and the puppy was already paid for, so cut her some slack. Chihuahuas are generally a healthy breed, and they are the longest living breed on average.

A bag of Orijen kibble will last about 6 weeks with my 2 adult chis- which is about $8-10/month to feed both of them. A 1lb puppy hardly counts as a mouth to feed, lol. My 4lb chi would only eat 1/4 cup of kibble a day!

And Reggin, I definitely expect more pictures as he grows :D

Nobody said Reggins a horrible person. They stated their opinion on this decision of adding a puppy into a family with heavy financial issues, who has even stated she may not even be able to feed her other two dogs. Who cares if a chihuahua barely costs anything to feed. What if this puppy develops a serious health issue?

And this is the first I heard of Pebble's being somewhere else. That IMO isn't any different then rehoming a dog, just to go out and get a puppy. If its so bad that one of the dogs isn't even with them anymore, and is living with her mother right now, then why add the puppy? That is all I'm saying.

Its not saying Reggin is a horrible person, a horrible dog owner..But I personally think she made the wrong decision. Sure, she could just give the puppy back to the breeder if it doesn't work out. But how bad is that for him? What if they have him for a couple moths before it gets really bad and they can't keep him anymore? How confusing would it be for him to be moved to a strange place (Because it will be strange for him, he won't remember it), and have a new owner? Its stressful enough.

Lets pretend its NOT Reggin. Lets pretend we get a new member. This member has two kids, and say 2-3 dogs. They post saying they are having financial issues, and may not be able to feed their dogs..and may have to find a new place to live. Yet, they got a new puppy? Would you really be so defensive then? I really doubt it. Maybe some of you would, but not some of the others being defensive.

Saje

Island dweller
It IS reggin not some random new member. I'm not a fan of lumping all people into one category. Everyone has different circumstances. I'm sure if someone told you you shouldn't have a dog for ____ reason. You'd tell them it was none of their **** business anyway!

And I don't know where it was said that Pebbles was rehomed?? Can someone point this out to me?

And I don't know where it was said that Pebbles was rehomed?? Can someone point this out to me?
This is my fault and Im sorry, I used a word I shouldnt have.

Pebbles was not rehomed... she was given to Reggins mother for at least now, because times had gotten bad. or so it was said in another thread.... I said it was like rehoming.
I just felt like if you cant feed or care for one dog that you already have, another one shouldnt have been gotten... however some people seem to believe that Pebbles was given to Reggins mother for other reasons and not what she said in her other post and if that is true than I apologize for mis-speaking.

Saje

Island dweller
I don't know where she said she gave her to her mom either. Do you know what thread it was in?

xpaeanx

Here is where she said that she gave pebbles to her mother. I too took this as she couldn't afford to keep the dogs and so gave her mother pebbles to watch.

Thanks everyone. I gotta run now. I do have a library that I can stop by. Completely forgot about that. Duh. My mom has Pebbles now. I do not plan on giving up reggin unless things worse. Hopefully things will get better, so that will not happen.

I will try to update in a few weeks or sooner.

If pebbles was given to her mother for other reasons, I still would never advise someone in Reggin's to take on the puppy. HOWEVER, everyone leads their own lives. I can only offer my opinion. I never said that taking on the puppy makes Reggin a bad person. And, I agree that the puppy is very cute. I also happen to really like Reggin, and enjoy seeing her posts and pics. :)

ETA: I picked the quote that I said "this" too, bc I am NOT trying to bash, and I felt that was nicely stated without being mean.

LauraLeigh

But you're NOT, are you? It's so easy to judge others but you really have no idea until you've experienced it yourself. Life happens and opinions change.. for your sake (and others) I hope you are never in such a position so that you will never come to face to face with people like yourself. It would be a harsh reality and eye-opening at the same time.
:hail::hail::hail:

Wow.... I hope I never have hard times when I already have a pup purchased and on the way.... It has to be a tough spot to be in and to have everyone jumping on her here must really help.......

Come on guys.... Ease off!

Who cares if a chihuahua barely costs anything to feed. What if this puppy develops a serious health issue?
The health issue could happen to more of us than likely are willing to share.... I know many, many great pet owners who'd be in a hell of a spot if something truly serious happened to their dog...

Lets pretend its NOT Reggin. Lets pretend we get a new member. This member has two kids, and say 2-3 dogs. They post saying they are having financial issues, and may not be able to feed their dogs..and may have to find a new place to live. Yet, they got a new puppy? Would you really be so defensive then? I really doubt it. Maybe some of you would, but not some of the others being defensive.
If they had already paid for the pup and THEN things went awry, Yes.... I would likely cut them slack!!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I want one! lol cant we all just clone the lil guy? id say about 40 copies would do lol

they did it to the sheep.. lmao

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Nobody said Reggins a horrible person. They stated their opinion on this decision of adding a puppy into a family with heavy financial issues, who has even stated she may not even be able to feed her other two dogs. Who cares if a chihuahua barely costs anything to feed. What if this puppy develops a serious health issue?

And this is the first I heard of Pebble's being somewhere else. That IMO isn't any different then rehoming a dog, just to go out and get a puppy. If its so bad that one of the dogs isn't even with them anymore, and is living with her mother right now, then why add the puppy? That is all I'm saying.

Its not saying Reggin is a horrible person, a horrible dog owner..But I personally think she made the wrong decision. Sure, she could just give the puppy back to the breeder if it doesn't work out. But how bad is that for him? What if they have him for a couple moths before it gets really bad and they can't keep him anymore? How confusing would it be for him to be moved to a strange place (Because it will be strange for him, he won't remember it), and have a new owner? Its stressful enough.

What if, what if, what if... that is no way to live life "what if" forget that- there is RIGHT NOW. Right now the pup has a home. Right now the pup is cared for. Right now the pup has been vetted. Right now the pup is loved. Can you tell me what will happen a year down the road? No, you sure can't and I don't know about you but I refuse to live by "what if, what if, what if". I choose right now and right now my dogs are all well loved and cared for, but I don't know what tomorrow has in store and that's okay because I'm an imperfect human being and life happens but I will do my best and that is ALL we can ever ask of every dog owner.

And if I recall correctly, opinions were not asked for were they? This is a thread of pictures. Pictures of a happy, healthy, loved pup. Shocking to some apparently. You just had to jump in here along with others and bash someone for offering their heart and home to a pup. Shame on you. You don't know her life circumstances. Reggin (or anyone for that matter) does not need to update anyone on this forum with specific life details. Frankly, it's simply none of your business.

Of course it would be ideal for the pup to stay with Reggin and RIGHT NOW the pup is. So there you have it. The pup HAS a home.

Pretend? I play pretend with infants and toddlers everyday. This isn't pretend. This is real life. Welcome to it. This IS reggin we are talking about. She is an established member here and she has fallen on hard times. It has happened to many of our members and we always come together for our members in their times of need. And you're **** right I would be defensive of any of our members... I am so sick of the judgmental crap floating around, it's enough to make me sick. I don't know how some people sleep at night.

Members online

No members online now.