The Venting Thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
They're extending our hours for Christmas and we're not allowed to request any days off for December at all... Even if its days we don't normally work anyways... Stupid.

Some of us were annoyed that we won't be getting home until closer to 10pm for most of the Christmas season and the manager was telling us it isn't that bad blah blah... Well she only works one closing shift a week.
I know it sucks so bad for the employees, but I love it when places have longer Christmas hours (I'm talking to you, TARGET and the MALL!). Sucks you can't ask for days off though! I remember once seeing a job ad for a vet clinic and it was like "due to heartworm season, no one can request days off for these 2 (or 3?) months..." Seriously??! Bologna. Heartworm season is not the zombie apocalypse lol.

I decided today that I would like to buy new jeans, but I don't really have the funds to support this decision. Because I just bought new bras the other day. Haha.

TahlzK

Sigh. I'm going to sleep at my brothers tonight since he needs me to baby sit early in the morning.. I know it's stupid to be upset about this but I hate knowing he makes his 9 week old SBT sleep outside. It's not the fact he's outside, it's the fact I know he's cold outside.. That doesn't matter though cause 'he's just a dog'. Why does he deserve to be cold? He doesn't. Sigh. I wish my brother didn't get a dog. The dog is loved though.. We just have different views on dogs. Sucks even more since this brother is my favourite sibling.

TahlzK

I still don't like the fact Leo is sleeping outside but he doesn't seem cold at the moment, snuggled up in his blankets. My poor dogs are sleeping outside tonight since I'm here. I miss them. Lame. Lol. Can't wait to be back with them tomorrow.

I really got upset with mum today. I will be going for my driving test in a weeks time, hopefully I'll pass. My brother normally takes me for driving lessons since he's the only one that can keep calm, he is the only one I feel comfortable with teaching me because others get frustrated. I couldn't grasp reversing properly because mum didn't explain something the way I needed (though my brother would be able to) I got emotional and she kept raising her voice, that's when I had enough and was shutting down. I was pissed with mum. I'm more upset because we came very close to getting hit on the round about. I'm angry at myself because I should have stopped the car earlier and let mum drive because she completely ruined any spirit I had that day with my driving. I'm angry at mum because of how badly she upset me. It's my fault we almost got hit but part of me blames mum because she threw me off, I don't even know what I was thinking. I saw te car but I went. My logical brain wasn't working.

I am so glad once I pass, no one can tell me how to drive.. I can take my time. I won't loose it like I did today. I'm not hoping in a car with mum again for lessons. No way in hell. I love her but I wish she was more like my brother personality wise at times. My brother is amazing. So much patience, he teaches so well. He's the greatest and he's above my other siblings. I wouldn't want any of them teaching me ether...

Though I am glad she realised she was the reason I screwed up and apologised. I didn't except that.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm supposed to have an extra person come in today and help me out. It's almost 10:30 and no extra person. It's fine, I can juggle everything, but since I was promised to have somebody come in and help, it would be nice to actually have that...
Worst part? Said extra person is the wife of the company owner.

Sigh.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I know it sucks so bad for the employees, but I love it when places have longer Christmas hours (I'm talking to you, TARGET and the MALL!). Sucks you can't ask for days off though! I remember once seeing a job ad for a vet clinic and it was like "due to heartworm season, no one can request days off for these 2 (or 3?) months..." Seriously??! Bologna. Heartworm season is not the zombie apocalypse lol.

I decided today that I would like to buy new jeans, but I don't really have the funds to support this decision. Because I just bought new bras the other day. Haha.
Well places that are actually important for Christmas should have extended hours. Not a pet food store!!!

Also bras are far to expensive... Having boobs costs too much money.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My mom just texted me that my dad called to say Payton had diarrhea in his crate, and "I hope you don't have to wash the curtains." So I guess it was really bad. Poor guy, I asked him this morning if he didn't feel good because he was acting funny. Turns out I was right.
guess I know what I'm doing when I'm home for lunch. =< My poor little guy.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Well places that are actually important for Christmas should have extended hours. Not a pet food store!!!

I just have to re-iterate this because this seriously pisses me off.
Why are bras so expensive?! it's not like they are non-essential items.

I have boobs, they need some kind of support or else people would get all touchy about them bouncing all over the place.

I mean ****!

and also, why is it not ok for me to take my shirt off if I'm wearing a bra.
People wear bathing suits all the time.
Guys are shirtless all the time.
It's hot out. shirts are annoying.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My gym will let me take my shirt off and just be in my sports bra.
But the guys can't take their shirts off.

I'm surprisingly okay with this policy.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My gym will let me take my shirt off and just be in my sports bra.
But the guys can't take their shirts off.

I'm surprisingly okay with this policy.
We have earned that right.
They are probably much more comfortable in just a shirt than we are just in a sports bra.
It's basically wearing a boob squisher.

adding a shirt ON TOP of a boob squisher is just cruel.

Lyzelle

[/B]

I just have to re-iterate this because this seriously pisses me off.
Why are bras so expensive?! it's not like they are non-essential items.

I have boobs, they need some kind of support or else people would get all touchy about them bouncing all over the place.

I mean ****!

This.

Also, those people who just HAVE to be competitive with EVERYONE to make sure everyone understands that they are PERFECT with EVERYTHING and their PERFECT life and husband. WTF? Why?

Jin and I are causally looking for SecondDog.
So she rushes out and gets a White German Shepherd. Probably BYB.

Jin and I make a trip down south to visit with family.
So they fly out right away(we oddly live in same state, came from same town) for a two-day stay and raves all about it all over facebook.

I brag a tiny bit about Zander or share some minor annoyance....
She's all of a sudden bombarding facebook with photos and posts about ALL her animals.

I rescue.
She found out. Now goes to ALL the rescue events.

I have a bad relationship with my parents.
She runs around bragging about how she has awesome parents who buy her whatever she needs and so on so forth. Turns out, she doesn't even really talk to them.

I comment it's snowing.
She does the same. It's not snowing in her town.

I'm slightly ahead in school, taking time off because of all the moving around and Jin's PCS orders to Italy.
She signs up for everything at the local college and rants about people "taking time off". She also just booked a flight to Italy.

Like...WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN?! This is not a competition. I do not understand your issue. You don't even talk to me!

Catsi

Why am I such an excessive/obsessive person?

I don't drink much in social situations because I end up drinking too much. I'm quite capable of having one glass of wine at home sometimes and stopping, but go out to a family gathering or with friends and I have trouble saying enough is enough. To combat this I offer to be designated driver and simply abstain.

I have food issues - which thankfully I am getting better at addressing (I have lost 40kg and I feel I have a healthier relationship with it now, but I always get this sneaking feeling that I'm a hair's breath away from ruining it all. Of course I still stuff up occasionally)

I've taken up running and exercise, but I'm starting to feel obsessive. Got an invitation to go out last night. Sure, I replied, but what time - I need to go for my run. Realised I was being a bit silly, so simply thought I'd reschedule my run (no problem there). Spent the day feeling anxious to the point of sickness. Thankfully I snapped out of it and felt better by the end of the day. But why so hard on myself? At one point I wasn't even going to go out - but I did end up going.

I'm three weeks ahead with one subject and right on track with another for uni, yet I still feel guilty for going out and enjoying myself. I drove and didn't drink (which is fine), but my reasoning was strange. I couldn't possibly do it because if I did, I'd drink too much, get hungover, miss my rescheduled run and... well... you see what's happening here.

Too obsessive? Just overthinking it? Completely within the range of normal? I'm not sure, but I feel that constantly nagging feeling that I'm doing something wrong or I should be doing something else. I don't stop to enjoy my achievements very often. Finished a particularly hard run? Great, so I should've. Got really good marks last semester? Barely blinked an eye. I'm getting the feeling that my life is getting a little too regimented. Or maybe I'm just having a bad day lol!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Why am I such an excessive/obsessive person?

I don't drink much in social situations because I end up drinking too much. I'm quite capable of having one glass of wine at home sometimes and stopping, but go out to a family gathering or with friends and I have trouble saying enough is enough. To combat this I offer to be designated driver and simply abstain.

I have food issues - which thankfully I am getting better at addressing (I have lost 40kg and I feel I have a healthier relationship with it now, but I always get this sneaking feeling that I'm a hair's breath away from ruining it all. Of course I still stuff up occasionally)

I've taken up running and exercise, but I'm starting to feel obsessive. Got an invitation to go out last night. Sure, I replied, but what time - I need to go for my run. Realised I was being a bit silly, so simply thought I'd reschedule my run (no problem there). Spent the day feeling anxious to the point of sickness. Thankfully I snapped out of it and felt better by the end of the day. But why so hard on myself? At one point I wasn't even going to go out - but I did end up going.

I'm three weeks ahead with one subject and right on track with another for uni, yet I still feel guilty for going out and enjoying myself. I drove and didn't drink (which is fine), but my reasoning was strange. I couldn't possibly do it because if I did, I'd drink too much, get hungover, miss my rescheduled run and... well... you see what's happening here.

Too obsessive? Just overthinking it? Completely within the range of normal? I'm not sure, but I feel that constantly nagging feeling that I'm doing something wrong or I should be doing something else. I don't stop to enjoy my achievements very often. Finished a particularly hard run? Great, so I should've. Got really good marks last semester? Barely blinked an eye. I'm getting the feeling that my life is getting a little too regimented. Or maybe I'm just having a bad day lol!
Not saying it's the same problem. but as well as facing an eating disorder when I was young and going through various anxiety problems (pacing, skin picking) as well as similar kind of over planning and anxiety problems (that thing with running sounds VERY familiar. I can be the same way with my work-outs. Miss one and I'm anxious, miss two and I'm a failure kind of thing) etc.. I was diagnosed with OCD a while ago.

Regardless, I think seeing a therapist would help. If nothing else but to deal with your normal anxiety and have somebody to talk to

Seeking a therapist has really helped me get control of my life and truly enjoy it. I'm not on any medications (and likely never will be) but the tools I've been taught to work through my OCD have helped tremendously.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
lol it's crazy! I mean... there can't even be that much to them?? Why the high price? And then you're supposed to buy new ones like every 6 months or something. Too much money dumped into this stuff.

Catsi

Not saying it's the same problem. but as well as facing an eating disorder when I was young and going through various anxiety problems (pacing, skin picking) as well as similar kind of over planning and anxiety problems (that thing with running sounds VERY familiar. I can be the same way with my work-outs. Miss one and I'm anxious, miss two and I'm a failure kind of thing) etc.. I was diagnosed with OCD a while ago.

Regardless, I think seeing a therapist would help. If nothing else but to deal with your normal anxiety and have somebody to talk to

Seeking a therapist has really helped me get control of my life and truly enjoy it. I'm not on any medications (and likely never will be) but the tools I've been taught to work through my OCD have helped tremendously.
Thanks for sharing with me Fran. :) Perhaps this is something I should consider - nip it in the bud so to speak. Or at least just check in to make sure it's ok and give me some coping strategies. I have a tendency to play down these feelings until they get a little too much... and then I spend most of my time telling myself that I'm just over-reacting. Which I could very well be, but I need to address it, regardless.

Grab

Much irritation about the decision to dock an adult dog's tail today. I'm fine with tail docking..done at the appropriate age or due to medical injury. This dog was a Bully/Shar pei mix of some sort...tiny little Pei ears and a tail that was trying really hard to be Shar Pei like. The owner adopted her from the shelter because "she's clearly a purebred pit bull! I don't know why they said she was a Shar Pei mix..she's clearly purebred!". They pointed out her tiny little foldy forward ears, but he said that 'pit bulls have small ears!" The vet tried to point out that even purebred APBTs don't have docked tails. But, no go. His late dog was a "purebred pit bull" and had a docked tail. So, this dog (who is the same color) must also have one. Apparently he's trying to make her a (vague) clone of his late dog.

What I find most annoying, is that every vet at the practice poo poos ear cropping (and we don't perform it) because it is a cosmetic procedure, but this person can cut off a year old dog's curly up tail....

Members online