Water Nommin'

Kimbers

Kailey used to be terrified of the sprinkler head, so we've been shaping some playful interactions with it. Right now, she's comfortable nomming on the water, though she doesn't like it when the sprinkler gets her feet wet.
Anywho, some pictures from today:

That face... XD

"Maybe if I bark at it!"

"That was exhausting..."

She's not scared of the hose or sprinkler anymore, so I'm thinking it might be nice to develop this farther and teach her to cool off in the water. Today was only seventy degrees, but the heat just really gets to her. (As evident from the last photo.)

JacksonsMom

LOL... that is so cute. I've always wished I had a sprinker loving dog. Jackson is a water freak but he won't go near anything that sprays!

chaospony

Yay Kailey!
Both my girls are afraid of the sprinkler dispite my encouraging :(
But my new boy supposedly loves them...too bad he's coming to Canada in late October! No sprinklers for him for awhile!

What kinds of things did you do with her to get her comfortable with it?

momto8

so cute!! Gunner LOVES the sprinkler, but I have to keep an eye on him, he will hyperventilate himself and he tears my sprinklers up

Kimbers

Yay Kailey!
Both my girls are afraid of the sprinkler dispite my encouraging :(
But my new boy supposedly loves them...too bad he's coming to Canada in late October! No sprinklers for him for awhile!

What kinds of things did you do with her to get her comfortable with it?
What kind of doggeh will be coming home?!

We did a shaping session with the sprinkler but no water, so she was already offering behaviors around the thing. Once I turned on the water, she was rewarded for stepping towards it until she was offering the behaviors from before.

Members online

No members online now.