Worst Foods You've Ever Had

JessLough

Love My Mutt
OK so I just remembered my worst food ever. Grits.

Ugh, so nasty. I was tricked into tasting them while partying with the US embassador for 4th of July. SO GROSS.

crazedACD

OK so I just remembered my worst food ever. Grits.

Ugh, so nasty. I was tricked into tasting them while partying with the US embassador for 4th of July. SO GROSS.
Naw..grits don't really taste like anything. You really have to mix some egg or baked beans or something into them for flavor (minus the fingernail from earlier!!).

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Naw..grits don't really taste like anything. You really have to mix some egg or baked beans or something into them for flavor (minus the fingernail from earlier!!).
It definitely had a taste. And was mixed with nothing. I highly, HIGHLY doubt this was cheap stuff, either :p

I'm also a texture person, so that grossed me out too

thehoundgirl

I love hominy! It's pretty good with this thing my mom makes which there isn't a name for it it's kinda like a tamale pie but better. I don't like hominy alone though.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I love grits AND hominy, but I'm pretty sure that's a requirement when you're from the south. And putting sugar in them is enough to get someone slapped :p Bacon bits are delicious in grits though. I prefer to just have a couple slices of bacon with mine anyway.

The worst thing I can think of currently (and I'm sure there are worse but I've suppressed the memories) was enchiladas from this mexican restaurant that were HORRIBLE. The ground beef was disgusting, the cheese, where it wasn't slimy, was stale and the sauce on top had some horrible funk to it.

I didn't eat more than a bite. :p

iwantmypup

I used to love grits. I used to have them with butter, but my mom put in a BUNCH of butter one time...I'm talking it seemed like it was half a stick, and ever since then grits gross me out.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
True fruits are developed from the ovaryin the base of the flower and contain seed of the plant. So technically speaking the tomatoe is the fruit of the tomatoe plant. Bell peppers and bean pods btw are fruit as well.

Bananas, melons and pumpkins on the other hand are berrys - strawberrys however are not. ^^
Lol I never knew that... I just wondered how they could possibly be fruit, because fruit is supposed to be delicious. :p And the part that's all seedy, squishy goo is so gross.

Pumpkins are berries?! Are you pullin' my leg? I'm so confused now.

Bugs are so awful. I've only seen one cockroach, since I live in a part of California where they just don't exist, and it was horrific. I can't imagine having them in your house let alone food!!! Once, we were camping and there was tons of beetles flying around. I was eating my soup and it was pretty dark. I started to put a spoonful in my mouth and realized there was a beetle in my soup!

GipsyQueen

Lol I never knew that... I just wondered how they could possibly be fruit, because fruit is supposed to be delicious. :p And the part that's all seedy, squishy goo is so gross.

Pumpkins are berries?! Are you pullin' my leg? I'm so confused now.
In terms of botany, there are no Veggies ^^ you have fruit, berries, roots, fungi ect. ^^ Basically most "veggies" that form out of a flower (such as cucumbers) are actually fruit - or the fruit of a cucumber plant for example.

Members online

No members online now.