sensitivity to textures

GipsyQueen

Is anyone else sensitive to certian textures - as in you can't touch a piece of clothing or sit on a sofa with a certian texture? I've had this for a while but it's been getting out of hand lately and it's driving me insane.
I've never been able to touch denim without cringing, and the sound of people scratching demin makes me have to leave the room or cover my ears or else I feel like I have to bite all my nails off - literally.
But lately I've had problems touching other materials,for example anythint velvet makes me cringe - or corduroy.. and acrylic wool clothing as well as some random other stuff - which is pretty uncool since I work in a clothing store.
Or for example we are currently in a vacation rental and we got those synthetic silky sheets -I cannot sleep on them. I'm sleeping on my blanket because I can't touch it :( Anyone else delt with this. Did you eventually get over i?

yoko

I do. My main one is that kind of rubbery foam they use in things like sleeping pads/cheap floor beds. A lot of my family has them just because the family is so large my grandparents keep them for family reunions and stuff. Just touching it with my hand or leg for some reason just gives me this weird 'omg that feeling is in my mouth' feeling. I don't really know how to explain it.

It's bugged me since I was little and it still bugs me just as much but luckily it's just gotten easier to avoid as I got older and they became less common and I had more excuses not to spend the night.

I can't was metal things like pots with one of those sponges because if the rough edge even kind of goes across it the feeling of rough on metal just makes me cringe.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
I have this issue with styrofoam and cotton balls. They "squeak" and it sends shivers down my spine and makes my skin tighten up unpleasantly. I also have sort of the opposite where I have texture affinities and could pet textures like supple leather or micro-plush blankets all day.

I think many people have *some* texture issues...many that they eventually get desensitized to a bit

If its getting worse I would definitely talk to someone about it

Food rextures are terrible to me. The thought of biting into a peach with its borrible hair or a tomato that might goosh makes me sick. Cooked veggies? Never. Raw veggies are ok. Even things I like the taste of are out due to textures

GipsyQueen

Oddly enough I don't have any food texture problems - just what I touch with hands and feet. But I'm glad I'm not alone -thank you ^^ SO always thinks Im crazy :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I am a food texture person, but not so much with touching things. I do have some sensory issues with clothing though. I absolutely cannot wear turtlenecks or anything that is slightly too tight around my neck... if there are tags anywhere in the clothing besides on the neck (like on the side seam) it itches until I cut it out, and even sometimes after it's gone I have ghost sensations of it still being there and it makes me super uncomfortable. I also can't wear rings on my fingers. =P

I think a lot of people have sensory issues of one type or another!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Polystyrene, cotton wool, dry towels, microfibre cloths, newspaper!!!!!!!

Omg I think I'm a bit weird..... :lol-sign:

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Wool. It makes me itch like crazy. I also can't stand the feeling of turtlenecks, I don't care what the fabric is. I feel like I'm choking if I wear one. Some dyes on clothes make me itch too, but I haven't figured out which ones. I looked into hypoallergenic articles of clothing, but they are really expensive, so I guess I just gotta itch. :/

Members online