Satin Balls or Fat Balls

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Pretty sure I said I ADORE Cardis. Which I do. If you are reading things that nobody is saying, you have only yourself to blame for getting mad at said things. That I didnt say. And I will not apologize for being realistic about a breed that is adorable and awesome, but DOES have a huge deformity that makes their weight a big issue while growth plates are doing their thing. Something you should already know and agree with, so why does pointing it out **** you off so much

Brattina88

Grain free was what I was after, thank you! Is there a recommendation as to how much I should feed her?
I made them for Maddie after beanie (I think) posted them... And had good results :D
Its right powerful, make small SMALL 1 inch "meatballs" and give them 1 or 2 a day, adjust as needed. Last time I did a modified GF satin balls it was a postwhelping bitch and she got FAT while nursing 9 :yikes:
This is pretty much what I did ;) it was fun (AND MESSY) to make lol :p

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I love Cardis, but the reality is that dwarfism is a deformity. Its a desired one. But its still a flaw that special cares must be taken with.
Just like your brachycephalic breed is "deformed". I mean, if we're going to split hairs... many, even MOST, man-made breeds of dog are "deformed" in some fashion.

All puppies should be kept nice and lean, regardless of breed. You don't want extra weight on growing bones and joints. Any that is predisposed to joint issues (giant breeds, dysplastic breeds, and dwarf breeds) definitely should be kept lean!

Corgis are prone to getting overweight, so it's good that she's fit! :) What kibble are you feeding? Maybe look into replacing some meals with grain free or raw to bump up her calories a bit. Is she the blue merle puppy? AHHHHHHHHHHHHGDGEIKBELYEAHDGdjjaahh so adorbz.

Satin Balls for Little Dogs — or to try out recipe on your dog to see if he will eat it.
1 lb cheap hamburger (for high fat %)
1 and 1/3 cups Total cereal
1 and 1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 raw egg
6 Tablespoons wheat germ
1 package Knox unflavored gelatin
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons unsulfured molasses
Pinch of salt

This recipe is designed to put weight on fast, and to be very good for making their coat shiny and soft. It is high in calories to give them an energy boost that is much needed in times of stress.

Members online

No members online now.