Vet said my dog got Parvo virus

tampc

Last Saturday my dog start Vomting and diarrhea, the vet give him IV and Ampicillin Trihydrate inj. (IM/SQ) on monday, and now has been go on up to today is the 5th day but the dog is does not seem to be improving just about the same as monday, the dog has not eat or play just laying down for last 5 day, is any thing I need to do? please help

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
I am so sorry your dog got parvo. My father has lost a dog (2 yr old rottie) to parvo, and then his Giant Schnauzer puppy got it, but lived. They got it mainly because my father is a old school country guy and doesnt vaccinate his dogs.

good luck with your dog, and I will keep you in my thoughts :(
if you have any questions please call your vet.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I agree, you need to call your vet. It is very possible the puppy requires hospitalization with IV fluids/antibiotics at this point.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Unfortunately, there are no guarantees with parvovirus. When I worked as a vet tech, I saw puppies who looked great die the next day and ones who looked like they wouldn't make it through the night look like brand new dogs the next day. I wish you luck, but there's really not much else you can do aside from praying/crossing your fingers/whatever you feel comfortable with doing.

I'm not familiar with the product, but personally I'd feel better using traditional veterinary medicine in this case. But that's just me ... the decision would be yours. They state they have case studies showing its effectiveness.

Thracian

I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say I'm sorry about your pup. Hope he pulls out of this.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I would say bring your dog back to the vet again for evaluation.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
If you can survive the virus lifespan ( it is a matter of days) they can bounce back so fast. Keeping them hydrated is key. IT has been awhile since i have helped a dog through this so maybe treatments have changed. I am sorry for your dog, i can't think of a more miserable way to be.

tampc

:mad: :eek: He din't make, He passaway last night about 11PM his name is Simba only 5 month old, my son is keep crying :eek:, I'm so saddddddd......

Members online

No members online now.