Free course on canine reproduction

Pops2

I'm just shocked that there needs to be a course to explain how canines reproduce.

GoingNowhere

I just signed up. It should be interesting because I'm just about to finish up with a semester long repro course. :)

I'm just shocked that there needs to be a course to explain how canines reproduce.
I think you'd be very very surprised. My reproduction course this semester has been one of my hardest undergraduate courses thus far (and we're talking about a schedule filled with chem, bio, physics, organic chem, microbio, anatomy, and other heavy science courses).

How do you think that all those processes happen? Why do you think some species differ (e.g humans can get pregnant year round, but not dogs)? What about those production industries that wish to maximize reproductive efficiency and synchronize timing of estrus and parturition? What about the HUGE current debate on human contraceptives versus interceptives vs. abortifacient birth control methods?

There's much more to it than putting male + female together and waiting 63 days. So so many internal processes that happen in (and before) that span.

CaliTerp07

HOLY MOLY. This website is awesome! I have no interest in dog reproduction, but I just signed up for a class on creating formative assessments in a math classroom, using cooperative learning strategies with students, and introductory psychology. This is so cool!

THANK YOU!!!!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
My Mum was just telling my sister and me about this-as in the free college courses websites. I think it's awesome. She heard about it on NPR a couple days back.

I've been signed up for about a month, yay for the chazzers that are going to be doing it too!2

Saeleofu

Awesome! I signed up too, I'm about to poke around and see if I find any other courses that interest me.

I just finished my last day of class, so YAY GO SIGN UP FOR MORE! AND SUMMER CLASSES START TUESDAY!

I might be nuts lol

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
So neat! :D I signed up as well. I'm always super excited to learn more. :)

Saeleofu

I signed up for several other classes, too. Animal behavior (even though I just finished it yesterday at my university lol), some teaching classes, equine nutrition, etc

Airn

I'll try to sign up for it. Not sure if I'll remember or have time, though :lol-sign:

I'm sure those of you that DO keep up with it will have a thread to discuss the class? *hinthint* :rolleyes:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I signed up! Is anybody going to try and get the course books? I was thinking about it. I have a book about reproductive health for vets but it's packed away like all the rest of my books...

Members online

No members online now.