My sister's dog bloated

Taqroy

Last night. Was rushed to the vet, they did their thing she was fine. And then she bloated again this morning. Can you guys send massive vibes their way? My sister and I don't get along very well but this is....this is her first dog and my Piximo and I'm in tears and she's hysterical. So anything helps.

Taqroy

Thank you guys, I'm pricing tickets out to see her but I don't see any possible way for it to work with my schedule and I just don't have the money.

Here's a picture of Pixie from the last time I saw her (which was 2ish years ago ugh).

Taqroy

Thanks so much everyone. <3 The vet managed to un-bloat her again and is putting her on some medicine that will hopefully prevent it from happening. I came home and squished my Murphy dog extra tight (him and Pixie were BFF's when me and my sister lived together) and I feel less like bawling.

Toller_08

Oh no! Your poor sister. What a terrifying experience to have to go through twice in such a short time frame. I hope she will be ok now. :-(

That's terrifying.

Has it been really hot there? I keep noticing that it seems like I hear about more dogs bloating in really hot weather. I know none of the experts seem to be able to get a fix on what causes it or even agree :(

Taqroy

That's terrifying.

Has it been really hot there? I keep noticing that it seems like I hear about more dogs bloating in really hot weather. I know none of the experts seem to be able to get a fix on what causes it or even agree :(
I don't think so - I think it's actually been a lot cooler than usual. The vet has no idea what caused it. Meg said that she did give Pixie more food than usual but it wasn't anything uncommon. According to her vet bloat is more common in older dogs (Pix is 8) so maybe too much food plus being 8?? The fact that she re-bloated for NO reason yesterday morning just scares the hell out of me. And after that, the vet was like, "Oh keep her from being stressed and don't do any long car rides, and don't let her get too hot, and don't let her eat too much (but we don't know how much is too much)...." Oh so that cross country move is going to go well. /facepalm

I don't even know what to think at this point. I really really hope that this will be Pixie's first and last experience with bloat. I appreciate all the kind words and vibes a LOT. They kept me mostly sane yesterday while I was waiting for word. <3 all of you.

Members online

No members online now.