Own a Self Serve Dog Wash? Join our Webring!

C

caninecreek

My husband and I are the owners of a new self serve dog wash located in California. In the effort to promote our shop and the SSDW industry on the internet, we are in the process of starting a webring. Our goal is to unite shops around the USA and the globe, to provide travelers a resource for keeping their pooches clean while on the road. If you own an SSDW, or a grooming shop that has SSDW tubs available, please feel free to submit for membership in the ring. To join, please visit this page:

http://f.webring.com/hub?ring=selfservicedogwa

We look forward to seeing you there!

Susie Atherton
Canine Creek Self Serve Dog Wash
www.CanineCreek.com
Tehachapi, California

Hey, Caninecreek

I must admit, I went to your website prepared to say, yeah, right, this is another silly service capitalizing on people with too much money and too little sense. BUT . . . it's a great idea!

If you read my first post in this thread you'll see how I could so easily be converted to an enthusiastic advocate of your kind of business! The only catch being that I really don't want to be stuck in a vehicle with those two girls when they need a bath. (lol) http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=482

I didn't check all through the site, but do you offer things that will de-skunk a dog?

Hope all goes well with the business and you open many more dog-washes.

C

caninecreek

Self Serve Dog Wash Businesses....

Hi Folks,
Actually, the self-serve pet washing industry has been around for a while. I believe the first one (or one of the first) was opened in San Diego about 15 years ago. They are quite popular in larger cities near dog beaches and dog parks, and I have found a couple online in other countries. They are particularly popular in urban areas like NYC, where dogs are indoors all the time and most apartment dwellers don't have bathtubs at home.

In attempting to get our business webring started, I contacted about 35 dog wash facilities yesterday.... they were located on the West Coast, Mid-West, East Coast, and several in Canada. If you are looking for a SSDW in your community, you may be able to find one by going to the Google search engine and putting in "self serve dog wash" with your city/state. We are in a rural "horsey" area with about 30,000 people, and probably as many large, dirty ranch dogs. I'm happy to say that we have been very well received by the community. I guess it doesn't hurt that we are the first SSDW within about 100 mile radius, so we're the only game in town. :)

If anyone reading this knows of a SSDW, please encourage them to join the ring..... we'd love to have as many members as possible. Thanks!

Susie Atherton
www.CanineCreek.com

C

caninecreek

Sorry, forgot to answer your question....

We offer a choice of 9 different professional grooming shampoos, ranging from basic nice smelling ones, to ones for itchy skin, ones with conditioner, etc, etc. We also carry a neutralizer for skunk and other really stinky problems (we've already had to use it three times in the first 90 days of business). We do not charge extra for de-skunking, but I understand that many other shops do.

Susie Atherton
www.CanineCreek.com

Members online

No members online now.