The Cesar Experience

probably the same sort of waivers you sign for any dog training class or boarding facility and what exactly does she say here? She bought a puppy and blames it's seperation anxiety, noise phobia's and anxiousness on Cesar. Could have been, or it could be her puppy just grew into a dog that didn't like other dogs, had a poor temperament and was anxious. puppies all over the world turn from cute cuddly bundles of love into fearful bundles of nerves that hate other dogs, don't like other people, shake at thunder, hate fireworks, can't stand anything but silence and get separation anxiety and they've never even heard of this guy named Cesar Millan. But everyone needs someone to blame i guess.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I dunno, I'm no fan of Cesar's but all the stuff she blames on him seems like stuff that was just beginning to come out as the dog matured. I don't think it's a coincidence that it all happened around 6 months. *shrug* And I really don't see how he made the dog thunderphobic, LOL. That's a big stretch to me.

I'm glad she knows better now and I'm sorry she had a bad experience.

CaliTerp07

I dunno, I'm no fan of Cesar's but all the stuff she blames on him seems like stuff that was just beginning to come out as the dog matured. I don't think it's a coincidence that it all happened around 6 months. *shrug* And I really don't see how he made the dog thunderphobic, LOL. That's a big stretch to me.

I'm glad she knows better now and I'm sorry she had a bad experience.
I totally agree, but she said it happened to her dachshunds too? And that they were 2-3 at the time?

K

Kaydee

I dunno, I just wouldn't hire a trainer like Cesar...too young heeheehee...really, I feel better with somebody far older, decades of experience, that's jus me

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I totally agree, but she said it happened to her dachshunds too? And that they were 2-3 at the time?
Not that I saw... in fact all I read was that only Fila stayed for boarding.

On one of my trips overseas, I called the “psychology center†to board my dog there for 15 days. Because of his breed, it was nearly impossible to board him anywhere else. He was accepted there.
She did say her other dogs became more dog reactive after her initial consult with Cesar, which I totally buy.

I also kinda have to question somebody who picks up a 6 month old Fila from 15 days boarding and says, "OMG he was weirdly attached to me and didn't want to be away from me!" lol, no really? Not that I think she's lying, just that maybe she's not the most educated or aware.

Aleron

That story was a bit difficult to follow in some parts, like it's a show quality Fila but then it's a Fila/"mastiff" mix? But it sounds like this is her second Fila and that the first one had some similar behavior issues but was trained using "all positive". It also sounds like she isn't that knowledgeable about the breed she has, considering she was upset it was implied that DA was a breed trait.

I don't like CM and have no doubts the methods he uses while they seems to produce results, can cause more harm than good in some dogs. I'm not saying that CM and especially being left at CM's doggy daycare didn't do more harm than good with this dog. I have certainly seen dogs damaged by poor training, heavy handed training, etc. I know a dog who pretty much flipped out to the point of no return after being left at a chain e-collar trainer's for a month. But it can be hard to say what's what with this story. I suspect it's a bit that the dog naturally didn't have a stellar temperament, combined with heavy handed training, being left for 2 weeks in a daycare setting where e-collars were used and perhaps badly misused, having an owner who doesn't seem to understand the breed, etc, etc, etc.

K

Kaydee

That's precious

I don't trust the idea that difficult dogs go off with Cesar's pack and within weeks they're all "cured" more or less. Every dog is different, Sophie is a group pack situation would probably be cornered into being a howling drooling mess.:eek:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
That story was a bit difficult to follow in some parts, like it's a show quality Fila but then it's a Fila/"mastiff" mix? But it sounds like this is her second Fila and that the first one had some similar behavior issues but was trained using "all positive". It also sounds like she isn't that knowledgeable about the breed she has, considering she was upset it was implied that DA was a breed trait.
Yeah that was also my thoughts. I also thought this was weird:

Today, my dogs live with me in Brazil, on a farm. I have 3 more pure-bred Filas which I am attempting to teach snake detection, but all of them work with stock, in fact one of them got a 3rd place in a USBCHA event against 10 border collies, 2 rotties and 2 GSD’s.
I know filas were used on livestock but I wouldn't imagine they'd be successful at all at a USBCHA style trial. (Nor would rotties or GSDs)

Doberluv

Rottweilers are one of the oldest herding breeds. They were used to get cattle to the market and they also were guardians to the livestock. Of course, they were used for all kinds of purposes besides, pulling carts, protection and other things. And GSDs were used as sheep herding dogs. So, I don't know why Rotties or GSDs wouldn't make good herding dogs. Granted, maybe they wouldn't meet par with BCs.

Now, this one...ya gotta love. He got the message a little mixed up about Rotties' job of herding cattle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-hWFsM_3m0

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Rottweilers are one of the oldest herding breeds. They were used to get cattle to the market and they also were guardians to the livestock. Of course, they were used for all kinds of purposes besides, pulling carts, protection and other things. And GSDs were used as sheep herding dogs. So, I don't know why Rotties or GSDs wouldn't make good herding dogs. Granted, maybe they wouldn't meet par with BCs.

Now, this one...ya gotta love. He got the message a little mixed up about Rotties' job of herding cattle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-hWFsM_3m0
No one is saying they wouldn't be good at herding, it's just that some organizations have trials that are not accommodating for certain style of herding. There are trials that mark for things that a more upright loose eyed style doesn't work well with. Not saying they can't do the job, but that certain venues ask for different things.

Doberluv

I see. Yeah, they do have different styles of herding, don't they.

Hey, did you see the video? It's super cute and funny.

Members online

No members online now.