I got an amazing photography gift from my dad

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
So.... my dad is a sport's photographer. He tried to venture into studio work as well, but he prefers action stuff.

Josh and I drove up to California to visit family for Thanksgiving and we stayed at my parent's house up there.

My dad and Josh walked outside for a minute because my dad told him he needed his help with something. They come back into the room with a big surprise for me.

My dad gave me a bunch of his studio stuff.

He gave me two backdrop stands, TONS of backdrops including an oversized green screen. He gave me two stands for the lights, two colorflash Interfit 300i strobe lights, a white translucent umbrella and a silver reflective umbrella... and OMG OMG OMG... I'm so excited. I can't wait to set up the studio and start learning how to use the lights, etc. I need an adapter though because my Nikon doesn't have a PC socket so I can sync it up to the flashes on the lights. My dad said he is going to dig around his photography equipment because he might have an adapter that sits up on my hotshoe... if not I can order an adapter for pretty cheap.

So that's my big news.... :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
oh I should also mention that I was talking to my dad and the biggest reason he gave me all this stuff is because he feels like I have way more potential as a studio photographer than he does and he thinks I'm a better photographer in general and he wants to see me go far with it.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Oh I promise I will definitely share the pics. I need to study up on using studio lights since this aspect of photography is still a bit foreign to me. My dad also gave me a book that is supposed to be very helpful to people who are trying to start up a photography business. It goes through all the financial side of stuff, etc etc.

el_pic

Technocat
Kool - Some people are more inclined to be good photographers.
It is the creative minded that outpace the technical minded.

In other words ... dont be a gear head.

ACooper

That is so wonderful Skittle.........I am so happy for you I have a lump in my throat! What a great dad you have, and I know you will exceed his expectations by a mile!

WOOT for cool gifts!!

Snark

Mutts to you
That's so exciting!! Do you have someplace at home to set up as a studio?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
not really since I live in an apartment, but I might just have to set it up and take it down inbetween uses which is going to be a serious pain, but I'll do what I have to do until we buy a house.

Members online

No members online now.