Sugar Gliders

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
This is about the fifth time I've come close to buying a pair. Every other time, I was younger, and at the time lived with my parents and they'd agree to it until the day came to pick them up, so that sucked.

I've read about them for years and swooned over pictures, handled a few that belonged to others, heard the best and worst stories, but I still crave for more.

So anyone have any glider stories?

If I get a pair, it won't be until we move, because i don't want them in the apartment. The walls are too thin, and I've experience their calls. :eek:

Just as an added boost:

TINY BUCKED TEEF!

Brattina88

I pet-sat for a friend who had dogs, cats, fish, frogs, birds and a sugar glider. I've watched all of them before, except for the suggie, so it was an easy job.

To be honest, she was sooo hard for me to take care of :p But she was cute! I had to spy on her, because she was shy and wouldn't come out if I was in the room.

That's all I've got :p

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I had a pair of male sugar gliders, and single female before them. My female was aggressive and would bite, and my males never bit, but weren't very handleable because they never stayed still, and would climb all over me/whoever was holding them, and "fly" onto the bed/floor/etc. They're also (as it seems you know) quite loud! They not only verbalize, but are really loud when gliding round their cage, and making tons of racket. They also are really smelly. We cleaned their cage once a week or so, and they still smelled pretty bad. It easily could've been their pouch (we didn't wash it often) but either way, it was a strong smell that stunk up the whole room. It's for this reason that I wouldn't own them again, but they are EXTREMELY cute and photogenic, I have some really cute pics of them. :p

They were wicked CUTE <3 Good luck in getting some!

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
Err sorry, here as in Ottawa. It is part of the CITY bylaws, not Provincial, so you may still be good :)
Hmm, THANKS! I'll look into it.

I know a lot of exotics, even pocket pets, aren't legal in a lot of places so I just figured. :p

And thanks to everyone else for the stories ! :)

Members online

No members online now.