some times it so hard for me

mom2dogs

in my experience clipping doesnt soften the coat a whole whole lot.
We dont even hand strip, we clip. If I had a westie I would clip it too. no hand stripping for me LOL
To someone who works with properly worked hard jackets all the time, yea, it gets softer and softer and I do not want my dogs to get that fluffy/wavy coat that occurs to a lot of clippered westies over time. But then again I dont like when those who don't clipper but let the hair grow long and straggly either. LOL, I'm picky.

They are a hard coated breed, so easy to keep clean IF their coat is worked properly (throw corn starch or chalk and brush out). If clippered then yea, they get soft and dirt sticks moreso. Stripping can be a pain though. For show dogs, their jackets are groomed/trimmed once a week, pets every 3 months (if stripped, wripped down to undercoat and by the time 3 months rolls around the one layer can be pulled down again).

I've decided to try clippering and raking with my bitch. You can tells she's clipped, but she's retained some of her hard jacket. I pull furnishings here and there when she gets her weekly bath (because that's when I also trim them and her head as well).

So no, nothing like a maltese ;)
Well, I guess i'm not helping either. :p
Has anyone else seen the two westies
chasing each on youtube ? :)

Members online