how often should they go potty

candy722

I was wondering how often should TOki go potty a day since his 1 year old? My friend's dog is the same age as TOki and he goes as frequent as 5-6 times a day. IS this normal? Im just curious because she told me that she can't train him to go outside because there's no one home to let him out but I think he should be able to hold his bladder since his one year old.

Hi... my 2 older yorkie boys go #2 probably 3 to 4 times a day and little cocoa ann (6 1/2 months) probably goes 6 times a day... Is that too much?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Yes that is too much..how much are you feeding? When the stool is passed, is it just one piece or a pile..might be constipated and not passing the whole thing at one time..if that isn't it, I would check your food. Are your dogs of good weight?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I talked with a "dog" friend that is pretty good at the knowledge end of things and she tought it was probably constitpation too..sounds the opposite of the obvious, but that is usually how it works out. It is a lot of stool for one day.. for any dog. Usually a bulk food, one that is full of "fillers" will cause a lot of stool because it is a percentage of undigestable stuff. the opposite end would be the science diet type foods where I have oh boy for lack of delicate words..seen stool that is dried out and the dog had trouble passing it..the would have to "go" many times a day to relieve what should be done in one or two bowel movements.. that is more than I ever wanted to admit I know about poop. When you care for a large number of dogs at one time, that one of the things you do a mental monitor of their health. You get in the habit of glancing down and making sure there are no worms, or mucus/blood, you just check, like you do a check of the dog's body each day.

snookums

To be on the safe side, I do the same as I did with my kids when they were toddlers. We go when we wake up, before we go to bed, after eating, and I have her go potty whenever I'm about to leave the house. She holds her bladder all night.

candy722

Toki goes potty 3-4 times a day. Most of the time he only poops once a day but sometimes twice. Most of time time his out pee. But when I heard about 5-6 times a day that I thought that was not normal. Well, I know that her dog Chewy doesn't really eat dog food. He didn't want to eat dog food since 6 months old so they had no choice but to feed him human food. I think they don't feed him too much human food either so maybe he might have something. Chewy weights like 3.5 lb and his as big as TOki. Chewy is so under weight and she knows it but she tried everything dog dry food and can food but does not work on him. Im gonna see Chewy tomorrow hopefully he gain some weight.

Members online

No members online now.