Do you walkitask?

spiffy

Nah! I usually concentrate on having a one sided conversation with my Bogs. Poor boy :rolleyes: he may be too fed up with my musings.

adojrts

No never, I walk off leash and I need to be aware of what they are doing, wild critters and sadly loose, unsupervised, untrained neighbors dogs to watch out for. Not to mention a road nearby, granted not a busy road.

Lyzelle

Nope. I need to know what is going on around us at all times. Because when I least expect it and am the most unprepared....some one is going to come charging at us like an idiot and Zander's going to be in reverse at 60mph going WTF. Same with kids. Other dogs. Random bunny runs across the road and prey drive kicks up....

High maintenance ADHD dog. I have one.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Not if we're just on a walk after dinner - but that's because I'm with Chris so we talk. If I'm just waddling around with Dais in the mornings, ill call my mom or just enjoy the quiet. I always have music when I'm running with Rage and/or Keena.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Yes! When I walk suzie I've studied study guides, listened to music, or talked to people on the phone. With Jack though, well, lets just say it requires all the muscles in my arm and a whole bunch of laughter

Red.Apricot

Not really. Elsie's pretty interactive on walks, and if I'm doing something else, she acts up and it's a huge mess.

Occasionally I'll answer a phone call.

Nope. Every now and then if someone calls who really needs to talk I'll do that -- although lots of the time I don't even take my phone with me because I never have a pocket -- but I really need to be paying attention. They're all good on walks, but things can happen way too quickly.

milos_mommy

I've never done this...I guess the closest that would come would be taking Edna to a bookstore or something and browsing the books/merchandise while handling her.

I never have dogs well-behaved enough to not need both hands and both eyes on them during walks.

I listen to music on our walks. If some one calls me or texts ill anwser but the last time I texted and was walking Bentley I got hit in the face by a branch :p

The only time I don't listen to music is when we are in a really busy/new place or actively training.

Maxy24

No, and I've never ever gotten bored. I pretty much stare at Tucker, and glance up at my surroundings, I enjoy watching him do his thing I guess. Plus I already struggle enough trying to get treats out of my pocket when a dog comes around the corner and I have leash and full poop bag to deal with, I'd fail completely if I had a phone or something too.

TahlzK

O, yes!

I don't ring people when I walk because I don't like to do that. I generally will text if I get a text message. I will sometimes check FB/dog forums.

I always listen to music. The only time I don't is when we aren't on routine normal walks (such as hiking, shopping at a park/school/swimming/training). I hate walking in silence. I just make sure I keep an eye on things around me.

Sunny does his own thing on walks. As long as I don't let him walk on to the road, we are all good. It's Serenity I'll avoid using my phone unless I get a text message from a family member. Though I'll listen to music still.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I always listen to music if we're on one of our normal walks around the neighbourhood. Sometimes I'll answer phone calls or texts, but not usually (especially in winter .. cold hands :eek: ). However, when we're hiking or off-leash I never have music in because I like to stay really focused on the dogs/surroundings.

Members online