Guess who we got today?

Saje

Island dweller
Yup he's the big pussycat.

I forgot to tell you guys that we took just Mikey to the shelter today and Mav was home alone. :eek: We came home to Maverick running around the front yard and some fence boards bent out. I think he went over the fence which is odd cuz he's not a jumper. He's ok but he was all worked up and whiny. Now that he's settled down though he seems to adore Star. He play bounces and pounces around her.

I was trying to teach Star to sit today with some cut up weiner treats which she gobbled down. She loved them but later she puked up clear liquid and a coupld of weiners. (which she ate again) What do you think that means?

gapeach

Big Mutts
Means she is very excited to have her new human give her this wonderful thing called a hotdog. Maggie does the same thing sometimes lol, they just eat it too fast! I hope Mav is feeling ok. So he's the gentle giant? Maybe he can teach Mikey to like Star. :D

Saje

Island dweller
Star and Mikey are WAY too much alike. Really. They are both busybodies and quite protective of THEIR yard. We're out having a fire/weiny roast in the backyard and Maverick is just his usual la la la self and the other two are busy exploring, warning the neighbouring dog and squabbling with each other :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of calling her Aurora? Any thoughts? Too overdone? We are pretty far up north and I think it's pretty.

avenlee

Congrats Saje! Star's a very lucky pup to have you!

BTW and just my opinion, I'm not too keen on Aurora. Seems too hard to get out when you would call her. She actually looks like a Gizzy to me LOL But what do I know. Whatever you decide on will suit her just fine.

Congrats again! :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I can't see the pics :( can you post some in your gallery please?!! As for names going with the M theme, what about Maddy or Melody or perhaps Mia or Myra?

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
SUCH a beauty! What do you think of Stormy for a name? Somehow looking at her I get the impression that could be a good discriptor of her attitude w/ Mikey :)

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Saje, what a beauty. I'm so happy for you and the whole gang. Looks like spring has sprung with a bunch of us getting new pups. Have fun and love her!

Debi

I'm sooooo happy for you all!!!! I can never see your pics either...but I remember the one from the link you posted a while ago. CONGRATS!!! :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i think that is a gorgous name for her..rory for short? or a dignified aurora always?
i really love that name!

Saje

Island dweller
Thanks everyone. I'll post some pics in my gallery later. I've got to go out in a bit.

Rory is a good nickname Smkie. Aurora is hard to call/shout/do much with.

Steve suggested Nanook but I can't remember what it means. I'm sure it means something.

I like Mia too. :) We'll have to see what works. I keep calling her names and last night 'Star' was the only one she didn't respond to. lol

You know how dogs happily roll in poop or rotten fish? This morning Steve let her in and she did that Happy Happy roll on me in bed! It was really cute. Pissed Mikey off though. He was jealous. They are still getting into fights. This morning they had a pretty bad scuffle and Steve had to separate them. THEY haven't gotten hurt yet but Steve got nipped (by accident of course)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I like Mia too! :) It means: MIA: Italian name meaning "mine." Quite appropriate!! :D

avenlee

I like Mia and Rory (I always wanted to name one of my daughters a name that I could shorten to Cory as a nickname like with Corrine, but hubby didn't like it :( ). I also liked Marney as a name for my dogs, but never fit quite well.

Saje

Island dweller
Hmmm. I'm liking Nanook. This is the definition I've found so far: Nanook (Name of alasken malamute that starred in the very awesome movie "The Lost Boys"; cute, kind, caring, perfect)

(We own the lost boys)

I'm sure there's more to it.

This is from www.wikipedia.com: n Inuit mythology, Nanook was the master of bears, meaning he decided if hunters had followed all applicable taboos and if they deserved success in hunting bears.

Nanook is the mascot of the University of Alaska Fairbanks and is depicted as a stylized polar bear.

The 1922 Robert Flaherty-directed movie Nanook of the North named its main character after him.

Nanook is also Inuktitut for "polar bear".

gapeach

Big Mutts
Isn't there a Nanook in one of the Jack London novels? Can't remember it's been awhile since I read them. Maybe it just seems familiar from Lost Boys, seen it alot. Will you call her Nanook all the time? I was thinking you could use nickname Nana, like in Peter Pan.

Members online

No members online now.