How to calculate amount for cooked diets

Bucket

I feed my one girl Raw right now but was wondering if I switched over to a fresh ccoked meal would you still feed the same amount as you would when feeding Raw? Currently she is eating 3 pounds of Raw a day. Would she eat 3 pounds of cooked too?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
It depends on the food item. Most things tend to lose some water during the cooking process at the very least.

You can calculate your amounts by raw weight and then just divide up the cooked foods, but be aware that the nutrient contents of raw foods change during the cooking process, so you need to adjust your recipes.

Bucket

Thanks Mordy for the reply
Inpatient me went ahead and put together a cooked meal before getting your response. So I'm left to try and figure out how much to feed her :eek: I wont make that mistake again!!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Short term it's not a problem. :) Just make sure you get it all sorted out over the course of a week or so.

How come you are switching to cooked foods?

Bucket

Her tummy has been acting up. She has Epi-IBD and malabsorption problems. Its been hard to get her to form up.
Sometimes a change in food helps with her and I had never tried cooking her meals.
I understand now I will have to add supplements. I will be speaking with her vet on Thursday to be sure we have everything covered.

Members online

No members online now.