New project..

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'm turning a shoebox into a "collar box" for Middie's poor, neglected collars that are sitting precariously high up on a shelf when he's not wearing them. The bottom half of the box is going to be done in wrapping paper, and I'll have some sort of lining on the inside. The top will have a portrait of him along with "Middie's Collars" on two of the sides.

Here's how far I am...

Top of box:

Side:

Ignore the price tag on that... LOL! The "low" price of $50, right. And that was 3ish years ago.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Progress

Woo! five hours later (I know, I know.. but it's keeping me awake!) here's what I have.

Fleshing out his chest ("furring" out?)

Basics of face

Done, except collar, unless anyone has constructive criticism

Close up of face

His nose is pretty much a solid color and there IS definition in his nostril... but the camera didn't pick up on that. At all.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Annnnd DONE! Well, done a couple hours ago, but Middie and I took a walk.

Box..

Middie and Middie again. Sorry about the unfocusey-ness, but my camera ran out of battery power.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That way beyond rocks!!!!! i can see the definition just fine. I wish this was on a canvas, wahooo you did a good job!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Errrr taking almost 7 hours to finish a piece is fast to you? :p

Thank you, Smkie!! :) Your praise means a LOT to me. My mom is POed that I did it on a shoebox and she's not allowed to frame it. I'm trying to make her happy by getting a really good picture of it and making a print for her. *sigh* She is NEVER happy with my work unless it's on something that can be framed and is not ever, ever leaving the house. She acts mortally wounded when I draw gifts for people! YEESH!

I just need to find a good wrapping paper for my box and some decorative ribbon. It's going to be really snazzy when I'm done with it.

RD

Are you dead yet?
That is LOVELY, Nolu! Wow. Acrylic?

I need you to help me with painting. I suck. Horribly. :(

noludoru

Bored Now.
Acrylic! And I don't really know where it came from. I used the style I usually use in acrylics on 3d things on a 2d subject I have never drawn before and that's how it came out. I'm very happy with it.. I don't think I've ever painted anything in acrylics on paper that has turned out so nicely.

I'd happily help if I knew what I did.. but it just came out. Obsessively. It kept me up the whole night. The only parts I really focused on what I was doing got screwed up and I had to repaint, so I just let my hand do what it wanted to after that. It felt really, really good. A part of me has been missing and I didn't fully realize it until I was halfway through this. I haven't painted anything in a long, long time. :(

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Nice job Nolu--did you sketch it out first or trace from a photo? You should cover it with something to protect it--maybe an acrylic varnish?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Good god, girl. How do you ever get anything done? :eek:

Bax, I had a VERY loose sketch down in the first place. In the earlier pictures you can sorta see it. It was surprisingly accurate, so I didn't have to do much erasing and re-drawing.

I'm not sure what I'll use to protect it yet.. next time I pop into an art store I'm going to browse and see what should be best. In the meantime, it's safe and the lid won't be messed with for quite a while. Now I'm on to obsessively decorating the bottom half.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Next time you come over I'll beat you out of that, don't worry. ;)

Thank you! I think so too! I keep looking at it and going "Did I make that? Wait, yes I did, it's in the style I use for my models..."

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that did i make this is the best feeling in the world Congrats

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Did you already say if it's acrylic? (It's 3am, give me a break here.) I hate acrylic. As in - I HATE acrylic. But I LOVE gouache. So so much.

Going to bed. Leave me alone.

Members online

No members online now.